Connect with Bangor
- UCAS code: N1R1
- Bangor code: BA/BSFr
- Course length: 3 years
This integrated course allows you to combine a broad programme of study in Business Studies (67%) with a language specialism (33%).
Degrees such as this that involves one-third language study and two-thirds at Bangor Business School are 3-year courses based entirely in Bangor.
It is also possible to study French, German or Spanish WITH Business Studies or Marketing (67% language, 33% business subject) which are 4-year programmes, with year 3 spent abroad. See the Modern Languages section for UCAS codes.
Many Business School graduates pursue careers in areas such as accountancy, banking, investment, insurance, risk management, marketing, human resource management and retail management. Many Modern Language graduates have gone into teaching or translating, but just as many have embarked on successful careers in the civil service, business and commerce, industry and the media.
You will spend up to 15 hours per week in lectures, seminars and tutorials. For Business School subjects there is a mixture of continuous assessment and written examinations. You will complete assignments such as collecting and analysing information from commercial databases or the internet, preparing business case studies, writing essays and completing problem-solving exercises. For Languages, you will do role-plays, video and textual analysis, aural transcriptions, oral presentations and precis and report writing.
What will I study?
Please see the Course Content information for Business Studies and for French.
Modules for the 2014–15 academic year:
Year 1 Modules
40 credits from:
Year 2 Modules
30 credits from:
Year 3 Modules
20 credits from:
10 credits from:
- Bangor Business School is a multidisciplinary School which employs specialists across a broad range of business subjects.
- We have strong links with industry through partnerships with professional bodies such as the ACCA and CIM and we operate programmes that are designed to share knowledge between the university sector and outside businesses and other organisations.
- The teaching facilities in the School of Modern Languages include five satellite TV systems and a high-class multimedia language centre.
- Our staff are active researchers in their subject areas and we enjoy an international reputation and are ranked No.1 in the UK for Finance and Accounting research.
- We have excellent computing facilities.
- Bangor offers an attractive range of postgraduate degrees (MA and MSc) in business and finance subjects and in European Studies.
- 260-300 points – all subjects accepted.
- GCSE grade C in Mathematics or equivalent is essential.
- The Welsh Baccalaureate Qualifiaction is accepted.
- Irish Leaving Certificate: 310-335 CAO points.
- Equivalent overseas qualifications.
- IELTS 6.0 (international candidates).
- We consider mature students on individual merit.
- If you have relevant prior qualifications, you may be eligible for direct entry to year 2.
In French, German, Italian and Spanish, there are separate entry routes for students who have A-level or equivalent in the language subject and those who do not.
Bangor Business School's Admissions Office
Tel: +44 (0) 1248 382085
Other Courses related to Business Studies with French