Dr Ik Soo Lim holds a BSc in Physics from POSTECH, South Korea, an
MSc in Computer Science from NUS, Singapore and a PhD in Computer Science
from EPFL, Switzerland. He was appointed to a lectureship at the School
of Computer Science, Bangor University in 2004, where he is a member
of the High Performance Visualization and Medical Graphics Group.
Dr Lim serves as a co-chair of Theory and Practice of Computer Graphics
(2007, 2008) and as a paper reviewer for Computers & Education (2008),
Proceedings of The Royal Society A (2007), the Journal of Electronic
Imaging (2005), Information Visualisation (2005), Eurographics/IEEE-VGTC
Symposium on Visualisation (2005), ACM Symposium of Applied Computing
(2000-2005) and Computer Animation (2000).
Dr Lim has research interest in volume data visualization and its application
to biomedicine and other domains.
- Grants ESRC / EPSRC (RES-062-23-2075), An investigation of xational eye movement patterns during three-dimensional object recognition (2009-2012), PI: Charles Leek, £542K
- Leverhulme Trust (F/00 174/L), Visualisation of time-varying volume
data based on topological hierarchy (2007-2010), £66K
- Welcome Trust (WT081931MA), Three-Dimensional Anatomy Colouring
- EPSRC (CASE/CNA/05/18), Cooperative Awards in Science and Engineering
for New Academics (2005-2008), £57K
- Conwy Valley Systems Ltd., Automatic Recognition of Palynofacies
in Microscopic Images (2005-2008), £20K
- D. M. Hughes, I. S. Lim, M. W. Jones, A. Knoll and B. Spencer (in press). InK-Compact: In-Kernel Stream Compaction and Its Application to Multi-Kernel Data Visualization on General-Purpose GPUs. Computer Graphics Forum.
- I.S. Lim and C.E. Leek (2012), Curvature and the Visual Perception of Shape: Theory on Information along Object Boundaries and the Minima Rule Revisited, Psychological Review, 119(3):668--677.
- D. M. Hughes and I. S. Lim, Kd-Jump: a Path-Preserving Stackless Traversal for Faster Isosurface Raytracing on GPUs, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 15(6):1555-1562, 2009.
- J.J. Charles,L. I. Kuncheva, B. Wells and I.S. Lim, Stability of Kerogen Classiﬁcation with Regard to Image Segmentation, Mathematical Geosciences, 41(4):475-486, 2009.
- L. I. Kuncheva, J.J. Charles, N. Miles, A. Collins, B. Wells and I.S. Lim, Automated Kerogen Classiﬁcation in Microscope Images of Dispersed Kerogen Preparation, Mathematical Geosciences, 40(6):639– 652, 2008.
- J.J. Charles, L.I. Kuncheva, B. Wells, I.S. Lim, Object Segmentation Within Microscope Images of Palynofacies, Computers and Geosciences, 34(6):688–698, 2008.
- I.S. Lim, D.M. Hughes, N.W. John, Closed-Form Solutions for Low- Pass Filtering of 3D Digital Geometry, Electronics Letters, 43(9):503– 505, 2007.
- N. W. John, I.S. Lim, Cybermedicine Tools for Communication and Learning, Journal of Visual Communication in Medicine, 30(1):4–9, 2007.
- I.S. Lim, N.W. John, K.A. Shore. Smoothing Irregularly Sampled Signals by Convolutional RBF Networks, Electronics Letters, 41(22): 1252–1253, 2005.