We offer a wide range of Postgraduate courses in the School of Computer Science. All of our courses are constantly revised to accomodate changes in industry.
School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science at Bangor is a young and vibrant school with cutting-edge research specialisms. Postgraduate study at the school is based around our core research areas of Visualisation, Virtual and augmented reality, Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Agents. Students reading computer science at Bangor are involved in world leading research as soon as they begin their studies with us.
To be accepted onto our MSc in Computer Systems candidates should hold an Honours degree in Computer Science or a related scientific discipline, at a 2.2 level or higher or the international equivalent. For the MSc in Computing and Internet Systems an Honours degree at 2.2 level in any discipline is required. Applicants from overseas must, in addition, demonstrate competence in English to an acceptable level:
- TOEFL: minimum score of 560, with a TWE written score of 4, or
- IELTS score of 6.0 overall and no element under 5.5, or
- Cambridge Proficiency Higher.
- Or undertake an appropriate ELCOS (Bangor University’s English Language School) pre-session course to achieve the required English language level.
Teaching and learning facilities at the School of Computer Science
The School is well equipped with computer rooms and other specialist equipment (such as our Virtual Reality Laboratory) that are used to support and reinforce information and concepts presented during lectures and tutorials. In addition, we aim to ensure that our students use industry-standard hardware and software from the beginning of their studies and we continue to invest in new computer systems and up-to-date software to support our teaching. Practical work is a key element of all of our courses giving students a true understanding of the practical application of taught theories.
Current fees for our post graduate degree course can be found at:
A number of £1000 merit-based, reduced fee scholarships are available. To download an application form please click here. Applications for scholarships are to be made by 1st December for the following September intake. Notification of a successful scholarship application will be made at the same time as acceptance to on the course is confirmed.
To enquire about availability of accommodation in halls please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For privately owned student accommodation please contact: email@example.com with your requirements.
Why choose Bangor?
- Bangor University was established in 1884, and has a 125 year history of academic excellence.
- Bangor itself is a student-friendly city, its compact nature means that everything students require is within walking distance, from accommodation to lecture halls and entertainment the city is extremely easy to get around.
- Bangor has the lowest crime rate in the UK.
- The cost of living in Bangor is amongst the lowest in the UK, and a recent survey by the Independent newspaper rated Bangor the 2nd best value place to study in the UK.
Visit our postgraduate courses page to find a course to suit you.
f you're interested in Undergraduate study, visit our undergraduate courses pages to find out which degree course suits you.
© Photography by Glyn Davies