To engage with health care research, scholarship, teaching
and learning that is of the highest possible standard, quality and value
to service users, practitioners and stakeholders whilst maintaining
language and cultural competence relevant to local, national and international
Aims of the School
- To promote a high quality of teaching and learning experience for
both students and staff, whilst adopting the most appropriate teaching
and learning methods that offers students choice, flexibility and
- To prepare and support healthcare practitioners to engage with
lifelong learning and reflective practice that will promote high standards
in evidence based practice.
- To work in partnership with service users, health care providers
and agencies mainly in the local region of Wales, but also nationally
and internationally on health care research, education and scholarship.
- To engage with scholarship and research applied to health care
policy and practice, in order to evaluate, develop and wherever possible
improve professional practice.
- To instill language and cultural competence in healthcare practitioners.
- To embed language and cultural awareness in healthcare research
and practice and respond sensitively to the language needs of Welsh