Please click on the links below for information about postgraduate
opportunities, courses, resources and contacts at Bangor.
Funded Opportunities for Postgraduate Study at Bangor
- Postgraduate Scholarships and Studentships at Bangor: Please
for current opportunities at Bangor. These may include Research Council
funded studentships, Bangor University's Anniversary Research Scholarships,
Knowledge Economy Skills Scholarships (KESS) and other Postgraduate
Sources of Funding for Postgraduate Study
Professional - an on-line service to which Bangor University subscribes.
It provides information on funding calls not only from the major funders
such as the UK Research Councils, but other lesser known organisations
- Centre for Careers and Opportunities: Information
about further study and funding sources. Please visit here.
- Student Services: Information about postgraduate
finance. Please visit here.
- Student Finance: Information about postgraduate
funding and funded courses. Please visit here.
- Funded Courses: Awards funded by academic schools.
Please visit here.
- PostgraduateStudentships.co.uk: PostgraduateStudentships.co.uk
is a website that brings together all the different types of funding
for intending postgraduates in one place, so you can view funding
from general sources alongside university opportunities and funding.
- CASE Studentships: A CASE studentship is a full-time
PhD studentship during which the student enhances their training by
spending a certain amount of time (anything between three and eighteen
months during the life of the entire project) with an external co-operating
organisation outside the academic environment. Please visit here
for more information.
- British Council: Please visit here.
- British Council: Support For International Science,
Technology and Engineering Research (SISTER)
- Chevening Scholarships: are
prestigious awards available to international students for study
in the United Kingdom.
- Commonwealth Scholarship Commission: Postgraduate
Study in the United Kingdom
- Mantais - Welsh Medium Teaching Development Centre: The
postgraduate scholarships scheme.
- Nuffield Foundation: - Undergraduate
Research Bursaries: Offered annually for science undergraduates
considering research as a career.
- PhD Fellowships for eligible registered health professionals:
The Research Capacity Building Collaboration (RCBC) Wales is a partnership
between six HEIs in Wales to build research capacity in nursing, midwifery
and the Allied Health professions. Please visit here.
- Daiwa Foundation Tohoku Scholarships in partnership with
British Council in Japan: In response to the 11 March 2011
earthquake and tsunami in the north east of Japan, the Daiwa Anglo-Japanese
Foundation, in partnership with the British Council in Japan, has
launched a £250,000 scholarship fund to support Japanese students
from the Tohoku region. Please visit here
* The application deadline is the 31st of August 2011.
Information for Current Bangor University Students
UK Research Councils
The Educational Grants Advisory Service (EGAS)
provides information and advice on funding for post-16 education
They can help:
* Individuals who wish to enter post-16 education or training who
are resident in the UK
* Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) studying in the
* Overseas students in the UK who are coming to the end of their
They cannot help:
* Overseas students, from outside the European Economic Area (EEA),
who are making contact with them from their country of origin.
* Anyone who wishes to study outside the UK.
The Graduate Junction
Graduate Junction is a new website providing Masters, Doctoral
and Postdoctoral researchers working in any field all over the world
with an easy way of making contact and communicating with other
researchers who share their research interests no matter which department,
institution or country they work in.
1) Michael Rogerson
Postgraduate Marketing Officer
Bangor, Gwynedd. LL57 2DG
Tel: +44 (0) 1248 383648
Fax: +44 (0) 1248 383268
2) School Directors of Postgraduate Study
The list of School Directors of Postgraduate Study can be found
3) Information for Prospective Post-graduate Research Students
For planning your postgraduate study at Bangor, here
are some contact points for your information.