- Prof Neil Walsh
- Professor, Deputy Head of School, Research; Director Extremes Research Group
- (01248) 38 3480
- George Building, Normal Site
Staff Profile of Prof Neil Walsh
View Neil Walsh's video biography here.
- The effects of exercise training, environmental stress, and diet on immune function.
- Markers of hydration status.
Member of the Extremes Research Group
Click on the journal title for downloadable summary or full text.
- Walsh NP, Fortes MB, Raymond Barker, P, Bishop C, Owen J, Tye E, Esmaeelpour M, Purslow C and Elghenzai S. (2012). Is whole body hydration an important consideration in dry eye? Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, 53, 6622-6627.
- Walsh NP, Gleeson M, Shephard, RJ, Gleeson M, Woods, JA, Bishop NC, Fleshner F, Green C, Pedersen BK, Hoffman-Goetz L, Rogers CJ, Northoff H, Abbasi A and Simon P (2011). Position Statement Part One: Immune Function and Exercise. Exercise Immunology Review, 17, 6-63.
- Walsh NP, Gleeson M, Pyne DB, Nieman DC, Dhabhar FS, Shephard, RJ, Oliver SJ, Bermon S and Kajeniene A (2011). Position Statement Part Two: Maintaining Immune Health. Exercise Immunology Review, 17, 64-103.
- Harper Smith A, Coakley S, Ward M, Friedmann P, Macfarlane, A and Walsh NP (2011). Exercise-induced stress inhibits both the induction and elicitation phases of T-cell-mediated immune responses in humans. Brain Behavior and Immunity, 25, 1136-42.
- Fortes MB, Diment BC, Di Felice U, Gunn AE, Kendall JL, Esmaeelpour M and Walsh NP (2011). Tear fluid osmolarity as a potential marker of hydration status. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 43, 1590-7.
- Walsh NP, Fortes MB, and Esmaeelpour M (2011). Influence of modest changes in whole body hydration on tear fluid osmolarity: important considerations for dry eye disease detection. Cornea, 30, 1517-8.
Neil’s publications can be found here.
Click on the book title for details.
Gleeson M, Bishop NC and Walsh NP (2013). Exercise Immunology
. Routledge: Abingdon, UK.
- Physiology editor, Journal of Sports Sciences
- Full member of BASES and The Physiology Society
- Full member of International Sport and Exercise Immunology Society
- Full member of American College of Sports Medicine
Sport Nutrition; Environmental Physiology