Inclusive Learning - PLSPs and Reasonable Adjustments - CANCELLED
- Wheldon Seminar Room
- Wednesday 15 November 2017, 14:30–16:00
- Carolyn Donaldson-Hughes & Jane Jones
Students have a range of learning needs and teaching staff have responsibilities to ensure these needs are met. This workshop aims to raise awareness and understanding of the barriers faced by disabled students and the strategies that should be implemented to ensure disabled students can participate fully in the learning environment and are enabled to demonstrate their learning.
Participants will be given the opportunity to:
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of their responsibilities towards disabled students under the Equality Act 2010 with a particular emphasis placed upon the concept of reasonable adjustment.
- Consider case studies and share good practice.
- Become familiar with the Personal Learning Support Plan (PLSP) process and their part in it.
- Reflect critically upon and analyze their own perspective, and that of others, regarding inclusive teaching with an emphasis on disabled students.
The session is open to all who wish to learn more about the PLSP process and enhance their inclusive teaching practice.
This session will be facilitated by Carolyn Donaldson-Hughes, Head of Disability Services, and Dr. Jane Jones, SpLD Manager for the Dyslexia Team.