Want to know more?
For more information, including a full list of all our Halls, visit the Accommodation website.
Our Halls and Facilities
We believe that living in halls will give you the best start to your university life. Here are just a few reasons why:
- We are rated best in the UK for quality of accommodation by What Uni Student Awards 2016
- You will meet new people, make new friends easily and enjoy a sense of community
- You're guaranteed a place in our halls if you're a first-year student. Just make sure you apply before the deadline and select Bangor as your Firm Choice
- We have standard and en-suite accommodation available
- Halls are within walking distance of University buildings and the city centre
- Support includes Senior Wardens, a large team of Wardens and 24/7 Security Staff
- Bangor has a lower cost of living than many parts of the UK
- Prices include all bills for internet, heating, electricity and hot water
- Prices include gym and Campus Life membership!
The Ffriddoedd Village
Ffriddoedd Village is the largest accommodation site, with around 2,000 rooms. It is around 10 minutes' walk from the main University buidlings on College Road and Bangor City Centre.
St Mary's Village
St Mary’s village is a recent development of 600 rooms with a range of accommodation including flats, studio apartments and townhouses.
St Mary's Village is in an elevated position with spectacular views overlooking the city. It is a 5 minute walk to Bangor city centre and around 10-15 minutes' walk to the main University buildings on College Road.
On site there is a shop/cafe, fitness room, multi use games area, laundrette, entertainment spaces, computer and study rooms, and 24 hour security.
Accommodation for those with additonal needs
Arrangements can be made where possible to accommodate individual requests from students which are disability related.
If you have special requirements please discuss these with the Disability Adviser on Tel. 44 (0)1248 382032or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The adviser will be able to discuss any support requirements you may have as well as your eligibility for additional funding.
We currently have adapted rooms in our portfolio which include wheelchair accessible rooms for students with mobility difficulties. Larger shower rooms are included in these en suite rooms with handrails and shower seat, and the kitchens also contain adaptations for wheelchair users. You can view a typical accessible room here.