Dr. Olga Golyshina
Senior Research Fellow
Location: ECW second floor, Room 204
Phone: 01248 388607
- Environmental microbiology.
- Isolation/culturing of new archaeal taxa.
- Biodiversity and application of extremophiles.
- Environmental genomics/metagenomics with the focus on microorganisms living at the limits to life.
- Mechanisms of adaptation to hostile conditions, contribution of extremophiles to the global element cycling, functional and structural diversity analysis.
- Genomic basis of niche specificities.
MSc (Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia)
PhD (Carolo-Wilhelmina Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany)
SBS Academic Staff
SBS Teaching Staff
EU Horizon 2020 (Contract Nr 634486) Industrial applications of marine enzymes: Innovative screening and expression platforms to discover and use the functional protein diversity from the sea (INMARE). Co-coordinator, 01.04.2015-31.03.2019, €6.000.000. http://www.inmare-h2020.eu
Royal Society UK - RFBR Russia Cost share Grant #IE 160224 Novel microorganisms and new enzymes from the Baikal Rift Zone. PI, 01.08.16-31.07.18, £12.000.
BSX 1018 Tutorial Year One
BSX 3142 Environmental Microbiology and Biotechnology
BSX 3160 Research Project supervision for 3rd year
BSM 4105 Environmental and Industrial Biotechnology
BSM 4121 Bioinformatic analysis tools
BSM 4124 Recombinant protein expression (Organiser)
BSM-4000 Research Project supervision for 4th year MSc
PhD students: Lydia-Ann Ghuneim (SENRGy, CNS, Co-supervision).