Why study with us?
Why study with the School of Biological Sciences?
- Bangor has a long tradition in teaching and research in the Biological Sciences.
- Research submitted by the School of Biological Sciences has been recognised as being within the top 20 in the UK in the Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014).
- Our students enjoy being here and expressed their praise for the quality of the teaching and pastoral care provided by the School of Biological Sciences
- The staff have a strong commitment to providing excellent teaching and care for their students.
- We have excellent facilities for the study of both flora and fauna – these include snake, lizard and fish collections a Botanic Garden and a Natural History Museum.
- We offer a wide range of degrees in the Biological Sciences encompassing “traditional” disciplines such as Zoology and Biology to Biology with Biotechnology.
- We offer the opportunity to study at a university in the United States for all or part of the second year.
Studying at Bangor
A top 15 university
The National Student Survey (NSS) results place Bangor amongst the UK’s top 15 universities (excluding specialist institutions) for student satisfaction. This reflects the University’s focus on overall student experience.
Enjoy a university experience that’s amongst the best in the UK
Take advantage of the Bangor Student Experience (ranked in the top 20 in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey) with free membership of student clubs and societies, a new international experience programme and employability award scheme.
Award-winning clubs and societies!
Our clubs and societies have been named the best in the UK at the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2017.
Choose to study in one of the best places in the UK to be a student. Bangor’s location – close to the mountains and the sea - has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
Investment in facilities
Benefit from continued investment in facilities and services – with an exciting new Arts and Innovation Centre, new Halls of Residence, and improved sports facilities amongst recent developments.
We guarantee accommodation for first year students who apply within the deadline and hold Bangor as a firm choice. Our accommodation has been rated in the Top 5 in the UK at the 2017 WhatUni Student Choice Awards.