Research Methodolgy MSc
- Name: Research Methodolgy
- Qualification: MSc
- Duration: 1 year full-time 2 years part-time
Bangor Business School MSc in Research Methodology is aimed at individuals who want to pursue a career in research within academic, commercial or non-profit sectors. The MSc provides a cutting edge and highly advanced training in both qualitative and quantitative research methods and theory within your chosen business context.
Our MSc in Research Methodology guides you through the whole process of undertaking business and management research from developing your initial research ideas to undertaken and reporting on a substantial piece of primary research.
You will be introduced to a variety of research methodologies and develop the ability to critique these and assess their applicability to real world research problems. You will work with real data (both qualitative and quantitative) to gain insight into significant research problems and provide potential solutions.
Course content is for guidance purposes only and may be subject to change.
- Research Colloquium
- Core Competencies
- Foundations in Social Research
- Research Applications
- Qualitative Methods for Researchers
- Quantitative Methods for Researchers
- MSc Dissertation
- Current Issues in Business and Management
- Quantitative Methods for Financial Studies
Bachelor’s Degree (2:1 or 1st) or equivalent in a relevant discipline from a university or another approved degree-awarding body. Alternatively, possession of a suitable professional qualification and relevant practical experience may also be accepted.
Applicants whose first language is not English are required to hold IELTS (or equivalent qualification) at 6.5 or above.
How to Apply
Home/EU students: apply online yourself with the help of our Guidance Notes on online application for Home/EU students. We strongly recommend you read these before you start to apply online.
Once you have read the Guidance Notes you should apply using our Online Application form.
Need help applying? Home/EU students please contact:
Postgraduate Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Telephone: +44 (0)1248 383717.
- Students: can apply though our Online Application Portal. Refer to the Guidance Notes for help filling the form. Or you can ask one of our approved Agents in your country to apply on your behalf
- Agents: if you are an agent applying on behalf of the student, then you can Apply here. For further guidance click here
Need help applying? International students please contact:
International Education Office: email@example.com or write to
International Education Centre
Telephone: +44 (0) 1248 382028
When to apply
The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June to ensure that you have time to make any funding and/or accommodation arrangements, and for documents such as transcripts and references to be obtained if not submitted with the application. This will also give you more time to meet any conditions we may potentially attach to an offer.
Graduates of the Bangor Business School programmes have excellent prospects for pursuing employment in a wide range of roles. Please see page 46 for more information.
The MSc in Research Methodology provides an ideal pathway to PhD study and thus has ESRC recognition as part of Bangor Business School 1 + 3 PhD accreditation.
- Accounting MSc
- Accounting and Banking MSc
- Accounting and Finance MSc
- Banking and Finance MSc
- Banking and Finance (Chartered Banker) MSc
- Business with Consumer Psychology MSc
- Finance MSc
- International Banking MSc
- International Finance MSc
- International Media and Management MSc
- Investment Management MSc
- Islamic Banking and Finance MSc
- Management and Finance MSc