The Careers and Employability Service is open to all students including postgraduate students.
- Talk to a Careers Adviser - You can have an informal (and confidential) discussion with a careers adviser. Careers and Employability Service is based in Rathbone Building.
- Online Advice - Use our on-line service if you are unable to get to us in person.
- Career Resources Online resources to find your perfect career. Leaflets and directories to offer advice and guidance.
- Workshops and Events – Up to date range of events run throughout the academic year, including job-hunting skills workshops, employer-led skills development sessions and presentations, and fairs.
- Career Planning – Useful resources for developing a career plan and online reasoning tests to match you to a job sector.
- Finding a Graduate Job – Links to local and national job search sites.
Postgraduate Bangor Employability Award - The BEA recognises the skills that you gain through extra-curricular activities that you take part in alongside your studies, as well as provide you with a core programme of career management and skills development activities.
- Postgraduate Careers Fairs – Information about Careers Fairs both locally and nationally.
- Further study and funding opportunities - If you are thinking of carrying on with further study or training, there are some issues that you need to consider, the main one being why do you want to do it?
- Enterprise and Self Employment -
The B-Enterprising program provides students at Bangor University and graduates in Wales with a range of services to help develop their enterprise skills or to support them in starting a new business.
- Academic Development Unit - The Academic Development Unit offers courses and support for both new and experienced staff.
- Vitae - Vitae champions the professional and career development of postgraduate researchers and research staff in higher education institutions and research institutes.
- Jobs.ac.uk - Postgraduate job vacancies and an extensive careers advice section for Masters and PhD students, with e-books and advice sheets to download.
- Research and Enterprise Office - The Research and Enterprise Office (REO) supports two key components of the University’s mission; delivering its aspiration to be a research led institution with an international reputation and contributing to the economic wellbeing of Wales and the wider community.
- Keep in touch via Alumni - Keep in contact with your University, keep up to date with reunions and events, also why not offer to mentor a current student with careers advice.