Information for Current Students
Whilst this website is a terrific resource for all your career needs, you can get more personal guidance and access more information if you visit our second floor offices in Neuadd Rathbone.
- Your Employability – Our service statement and commitment to all students to provide the best possible service.
- Bangor Employability Award – The award provides a framework to enable students to build on their transferable skills through the recognition of activities they become involved in during their University life. All students are automatically enrolled onto the Bangor Employability Award.
- Careers Advice – Using the Service – The service offers a variety of facilities and resources to help you find your perfect career. You can request a personal confidential career advice session, attend workshops, and make use of a variety of online resources and those specifically tailored by subject and stage of your academic career.
- Careers Resources – A variety of online resources to assist you with planning your career and landing your perfect position.
- Workshops and Events – A range of events are held throughout the academic year, including job-hunting skills and workshops, employer-led skills development sessions and presentations and careers fairs and events.
- Bangor Prospects – This is the University’s Student Employment Bureau advertising a variety of jobs and career opportunities.
- Volunteering – Volunteering is an unpaid activity or work at a not-for profit organisation which makes a difference in the wider community. Voluntary work generally involves doing something that improves the environment or helps members of a particular community.
- Work Experience – Tasters, Placements and Internships – Work experience is essential when applying for graduate jobs. It also allows you to experience different working environments and allow you to gain insight into what a particular career may involve.
- GOWales – The Achieve through Work Experience Programme creates tailored work experience opportunities for young students
- Enterprise and Self Employment – The B-Enterprising program provides students at Bangor University and graduates in Wales with a range of services to help develop their enterprise skills or to support them in starting a new business.
- International Students – This section is designed to provide specialist help and services for international students (including students from the European Union).
- Working Abroad – UK Students – Practical advice for understanding how job hunting works in your chosen country. Online resources available include Going Global where you can search for international jobs and internships.
- Further Study and Funding Opportunities – Guidance on how to further your academic study or training and how to fund further studies.
- Useful Links – There is a vast amount of information available on the internet. Here is a selection.
- Entrepreneurial graduate through to Santander regional semi-finals
26 May 2017
- Time to think about work experience!
28 April 2017
- Careers Service Easter Opening Hours
5 April 2017
- In your final year/ completing a Masters course? Looking for your graduate job, work placement, or networking opportunities?
31 March 2017
- Bangor University’s Santander Entrepreneurship Pitchers
30 March 2017
- Read all news