We have extensive research facilities in the School of Chemistry which are also available on a commercial basis. These include
- 500 MHz and 400 MHz NMR
- Trace metal analysis by ICP and AAS
- Trace organics analysis by GC and HPLC
- Ion Chromatography (IC)
- Gel permeation chromatography (GPC)
- Flash chromatography (Preparative)
- Infra-Red spectroscopy (IR)
- Ultra violet / visible spectroscopy (UV/Vis)
- Mass spectrometry - Direct Insertion EI and Direct Infusion ESI techniques
- X-ray powder diffraction (including hot stage and thin film facilities)
- High powered computing facilities for state-of-the-art computer modelling and 3D visualisation.
These are in addition to well-equipped research laboratories for physical measurements, synthetic and trace analytical work along with a “clean” laboratory for the development of advanced materials.
For further details, please contact Nicholas Welsby, Senior Technician.