Facilities and Analysis
We have extensive research facilities in the School of Chemistry which are also available on a commercial basis. These include
- 500 MHz and 250 MHz NMR
- High resolution Time-of-flight GC-MS and LC-MS
- Trace metal analysis by ICP and AAS
- Trace organics analysis by GC and HPLC
- X-ray powder diffraction (including hot stage and thin film facilities)
- High temperature thermal analysis
- High resolution spectroscopy
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy for surface analysis
- High powered computing facilities for state-of-the-art computer modelling and 3D visualisation.
These are in addition to well equipped research laboratories for physical measurements, synthetic and trace analytical work along with a “clean” laboratory for the development of advanced materials.
For further details, please contact Mr Denis Williams, Chief Technician.