Why study with us?
Studying within the School of Chemistry
- The School of Chemistry has been providing excellent Chemistry education for over 125 years.
- The School of Chemistry has been voted Number 1 in Wales for student Satisfaction (National Student Survey 2016)
- The School of Chemistry has received ‘excellence’ (the highest of four grades) in the recent Teaching Quality Assessment.
- Hands on training on all analytical equipment.
- Modern up-to-date research environment for all students.
- We are a friendly and close-knit school and take a great deal of care to ensure that every one of our students reaches their maximum potential.
- All students take an extended research project during their third year in a subject area of their choice giving them the chance to specialise.
- Research work at the school is of the highest quality and covers traditional areas of organic, inorganic and physical chemistry together with the newer areas of computational and environmental chemistry, materials and biological chemistry.
- Some of our degrees also offer placement opportunities where you can spend a period of time at an industrial company in the UK or Europe or carry out an in-house research project in the School.
- Active student Chemical Society ChemSoc run by students for students which also has close links with the Royal Society of Chemistry.
Studying at Bangor
A top 15 university
The National Student Survey (NSS) results place Bangor amongst the UK’s top 15 universities (excluding specialist institutions) for student satisfaction. This reflects the University’s focus on overall student experience.
Enjoy a university experience that’s amongst the best in the UK
Take advantage of the Bangor Student Experience (ranked in the top 20 in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey) with free membership of student clubs and societies, a new international experience programme and employability award scheme.
Award-winning clubs and societies!
Our clubs and societies have been named the best in the UK at the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2017.
Choose to study in one of the best places in the UK to be a student. Bangor’s location – close to the mountains and the sea - has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
Investment in facilities
Benefit from continued investment in facilities and services – with an exciting new Arts and Innovation Centre, new Halls of Residence, and improved sports facilities amongst recent developments.
We guarantee accommodation for first year students who apply within the deadline and hold Bangor as a firm choice. Our accommodation has been rated in the Top 5 in the UK at the 2017 WhatUni Student Choice Awards.