Modules for course B9BM | MRES/MM
MRes Molecular Medicine
These are the modules currently offered on this course in the 2019–20 academic year.
You can also view the modules offered in the years: 2018–19.
30 credits from:
- MSE-3015: Haematology (10) (Semester 2) Haematology is the study of normal blood cell development, structure and function and how they are disturbed in disease. This module will enhance the knowledge and skills gained in Yr2 Haematology, BSX2012, by developing the principles and use of techniques routinely employed in the investigation of patients with blood diseases. Clinical significance of results and the role of the laboratory in disease diagnosis and management are discussed.
- MSE-3019: Diagnostic Cellular Pathology (10) (Semester 2) Immunolcytochemistry (ICC): the importance of stabilisation and preparatory procedures, knowledge and use of the various visualisation methods available. Diagnostic uses of ICC in histopathology. Principles and methodology of in-situ hybridisation histochemistry and its diagnostic uses. Principles and uses of autoradiography. Introduction to the identification of the major cell types in gynaecological cytology. Methods used in fertiligy and non-gynaecological cytology. Selected key areas of diagnostic histopathology.
- MSE-4040: Human Molecular Genetics (20) (Semester 1)
- MSE-4041: Human Immunology & Disease (20) (Semester 2)
- MSE-4042: Laboratory Molecular Research (20) (Semester 1)
- MSE-4043: Stem Cells, Disease & Therapy (10) (Semester 1)
- MSE-4089: Molecular Diagnostics (20) (Semester 2)