Run by School of Music and Media
20 Credits or 10 ECTS Credits
Organiser: Dr Kate Lawrence
Overall aims and purpose
A- to A*
Submitted work is of an outstanding quality and excellent in one or more of the following ways:
- Has originality of exposition with the student’s own thinking being readily apparent.
- Provides clear evidence of extensive and relevant independent study.
- Arguments are laid down with clarity and provide the reader with successive stages of consideration to reach conclusions.
C- to B+
Submitted work is competent throughout and may be distinguished by superior style, approach and choice of supporting materials. It:
- Demonstrates good or very good structure and logically developed arguments.
- Draws at least in parts on material that has been sourced and assessed as a result of independent study, or in a way unique to the student.
- Assertions are backed by evidence and sound reasoning.
- Accuracy and presentation in an appropriate academic style.
D- to D+
Submitted work is adequate and shows an acceptable level of competence as follows:
- Generally accurate but with omissions and errors.
- Assertions are made without clear supporting evidence or reasoning.
- Has structure but is lacking in clarity and therefore relies on the reader to make links and assumptions.
- Draws on a relatively narrow range of material.
- Undertake independent research-based investigation to inform written and practical work.
- Be an active and creative participant in the process of project devising appropriate for a site specific performance context.
- Be able to identify and discuss the theoretical and practical strategies that are currently in evidence within site specific performance practice.
- Understand and engage with key artistic movements and philosophies that have informed site specific performance practice.
- Identify and execute the appropriate practical skills, techniques, performance vocabularies and working methods needed to conceive and realize a piece of site specific performance.
Teaching and Learning Strategy
1 hour seminars (first 6 weeks)
3 hour performance assessment
2 hour workshops (first 6 weeks) 3 hour workshops (5 weeks)
Courses including this module
Compulsory in courses:
- 32M8: BA English Literature with Theatre and Performance year 3 (BA/ELTP)
- P3W4: BA Film Studies with Theatre year 3 (BA/FSWTH)
- 3HPQ: BA Media Studies and English Literature year 3 (BA/MEN)
- PW33: BA Media Studies and Music year 3 (BA/MSMUS)
- LP33: BA Media Studies and Sociology year 3 (BA/MSSOC)
- P3WK: Media Studies with Theatre year 3 (BA/MSWTH)
- P3W9: BA Professional Writing and Media year 3 (BA/PWM)
Optional in courses:
- QWM4: BA Cym ac Astud Theat a'r Cyfryng year 3 (BA/CATC)
- WPQ0: BA Creative Studies year 3 (BA/CST)
- WQ93: BA Creative Stds & English Lang. year 3 (BA/CSTEL)
- WR91: BA French and Creative Studies year 4 (BA/CSTFR)
- WR92: BA German and Creative Studies year 4 (BA/CSTG)
- WR93: BA Italian and Creative Studies year 4 (BA/CSTITAL)
- WW93: BA Creative Studies and Music year 3 (BA/CSTMUS)
- WR94: BA Spanish & Creative Studies year 4 (BA/CSTSP)
- WP83: BA Media Studies & Creative Wrtng year 3 (BA/CWMS)
- W620: BA Film Studies year 3 (BA/FLM)
- 2W89: BA Film Studies (with International Experience) year 4 (BA/FSIE)
- PP53: BA Journalism and Media Studies year 3 (BA/JMS)
- P306: BA Media Studies year 3 (BA/MS)
- P3R1: BA Media Studies with French year 3 (BA/MSFR)
- P3R2: BA Media Studies with German year 3 (BA/MSG)
- 8U76: BA Media Studies (with International Experience) year 3 (BA/MSIE)
- P3R3: BA Media Studies with Italian year 3 (BA/MSIT)
- P3R4: BA Media Studies with Spanish year 3 (BA/MSSP)
- P3R5: BA Media Stud with Spanish (with International Experience) year 4 (BA/MSSPIE)
- M1P1: LLB Law with Media Studies year 3 (LLB/LMS)
- W900: MArts Creative Practice year 3 (MARTS/CP)