Sport Science BSc (Intercalated)
You will study modules totaling 120 credits in the year. All students study a 20-credit module – Research Skills for Medics, and carry out an independent Research Project to integrate the knowledge they have accumulated over the year.
Video: What is studying a degree in sports science like?
Bangor University for me was in the perfect location for my degree choice, with a great reputation in the industry.Kirsty Lea Poppy Palmer
Sport Science (Outdoor Activities) BSc (Hons)
What will you study on this course?
You will also take 60 optional credits selected from the following 10 credit modules:
- Perception and Action
- Stress, Performance and Resilience
- Research in Psychological Skills
- Personality and Individual Differences
- Applied Sport Science of Elite Performance
- Environmental Physiology
- Disability, Sport and Rehabilitation
- Skill Acquisition
- Biochemistry of Exercise
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation
- Psychology of Injury and Rehabilitation
Modules for the current academic year
Module listings are for guide purposes only and are subject to change. Find out what our students are currently studying on the Sport Science Modules page.
Course content is for guidance purposes only and may be subject to change.
Benefits of Intercalating and Career Prospects
Intercalated degrees enable medical students to gain a scientific perspective of sport and exercise; for example, as a form of treatment for a variety of conditions as well as how to implement behaviour change in order to achieve positive outcomes regarding the rehabilitation and prevention of diseases (e.g. diabetes).
In addition to the enhanced career opportunities typically available to medical students who intercalate, this additional training may also provide a strong foundation for postgraduate study (MSc, MPhil or PhD) and clinical research positions within the NHS.
- This degree is aimed at medical students who have successfully completed the requisite number of years in Medical School and wish to gain a BSc to specialise or gain experience in the field of Sport Science.
- Specific criteria are set between your Medical School and Bangor University. Please refer to your Medical School for further details.
Project: Printing of posters = £20 (if submitted before deadline) or £28 (if submitted late).
Students will also need to purchase a memory stick or compact disc to store their project data for submission.
Necessarily Incurred Costs:
Project: Students may choose to travel to collect data for their projects.
Students may choose to complete a project with costs (e.g. lab consumables). The first £50 is paid for by the School. Any additional costs will be met by the student.
Students may choose to work with vulnerable participants requiring them to complete a DBS check (£44).
Graduation Tea is free of charge to all graduates but additional tickets may be purchased for friends and family at £10 per head.
Optional extra-curricular courses, e.g. Gym Instructors Course approx. £500; First Aid Course approx. £30-£100; National Governing Body Award qualifications at £100-£500 per course.
We do not require students to submit a bound copy of their dissertation.
To apply for a place on this course please fill in this application form. You should then email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com. Remember you need to get permission from your current Medical School to intercalate before you apply.
- Adventure Sport Science MSci (4 years)
- Adventure Sport Science BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- Clinical Sports Science BSc (Intercalated) (1 years)
- Cymraeg and Sport Science BA (Joint Hons) (3 years)
- Exercise, Behaviour Change and Disease Prevention BSc (Intercalated) (1 years)
- French and Sport Science BA (Joint Hons) (4 years)
- German and Sport Science BA (Joint Hons) (4 years)
- Italian and Sport Science BA (Joint Hons) (4 years)
- Spanish and Sport Science BA (Joint Hons) (4 years)
- Sport and Exercise Psychology BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- Sport Science BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- Sport Science MSci (4 years)
- Sport Science (Outdoor Activities) BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- Sport Science (Outdoor Activities) MSci (4 years)
- Sport Science (Outdoor Recreation) BSc Top-up Degree (1 years)
- Sport Science and Business Management BSc (Joint Hons) (3 years)
- Sport Science and Marketing BSc (Joint Hons) (3 years)
- Sport, Health and Exercise Science BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- Sport, Health and Exercise Science MSci (4 years)
- Sport, Health and Physical Education BSc (Hons) (3 years)