Why study with us?
Studying within the School of Creative Industries
Research and practice
- Our courses combine elements of research and practice.
- You have the opportunity to create and produce in all media fields under the supervision of staff that have many years of experience working in the media.
- We have excellent links with theatre companies, newspapers and the television industry. BBC Wales’ television and radio centre is literally next-door, and there are many independent producers nearby.
- Students will be able to take advantage of the new Pontio centre, which includes a theatre, a cinema, a design and innovation centre, and spacious lecture rooms.
- Our students play a prominent role in many creative projects, such as Student Cut Films, two student newspapers – Seren and Llef – and a radio station, Storm FM.
- We have a dedicated Media Centre with a multi-camera Television Studio and large Production gallery.
- We also have a professionally equipped Radio studio with the latest digital equipment.
- The Centre has Avid, Matrox and analogue editing suites, and digital sound editing suites.
- We have a large performance space, computer lighting system and digital sound for rehearsal and performance work.
- We have a digital cinema with first-rate projection equipment and Dolby Surround Sound.
- Our staff have many years of experience working in the media
- We’re a close-knit department and give individual attention to our students to help their development.
Studying at Bangor
Rated Gold for teaching
We have been awarded a Gold rating, the highest rating possible, for the standarad of our teaching in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) assessment. The TEF assessment took into account teaching quality, learning environment and student outcomes and learning gain. We were judged to deliver consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students and our teaching is of the highest quality found in the UK.
A top 10 university
The National Student Survey (NSS) results place Bangor amongst the UK’s top 10 universities (excluding specialist institutions) for student satisfaction. This reflects the University’s focus on overall student experience.
Enjoy a university experience that’s amongst the best in the UK
Take advantage of the Bangor Student Experience (ranked in the top 20 in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey) with free membership of student clubs and societies, a new international experience programme and employability award scheme.
Award-winning clubs and societies!
Our clubs and societies have been named the best in the UK at the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2017.
Choose to study in one of the best places in the UK to be a student. Bangor’s location – close to the mountains and the sea - has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
Investment in facilities
Benefit from continued investment in facilities and services – with an exciting new Arts and Innovation Centre, new Halls of Residence, and improved sports facilities amongst recent developments.
We guarantee accommodation for first year students who apply within the deadline and hold Bangor as a firm choice. Our accommodation has been rated in the Top 5 in the UK at the 2017 WhatUni Student Choice Awards.