Why study with us?
Studying within the School of Computer Science
- We offer a young and vibrant environment in which to study.
- We have a low staff student ratio enabling staff to give each student individual attention in order that they achieve the highest academic standard.
- Our research specialties include computer graphics, visualization, knowledge discovery, and communications. Expertise from these areas are incorporated into our teaching activities, giving students direct access to the latest Computer Science research.
- We use of the state of the art computing laboratories, networked computers and industry standard software in all courses.
- We place a strong emphasis on vocational aspects of their subjects including oral and written presentations, communication skills and an appreciation of business practices.
- We have sponsorship and scholarship opportunities are available on a competitive basis.
Studying at Bangor
Rated Gold for teaching
We have been awarded a Gold rating, the highest rating possible, for the standarad of our teaching in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) assessment. The TEF assessment took into account teaching quality, learning environment and student outcomes and learning gain. We were judged to deliver consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students and our teaching is of the highest quality found in the UK.
A top 10 university
The National Student Survey (NSS) results place Bangor amongst the UK’s top 10 universities (excluding specialist institutions) for student satisfaction. This reflects the University’s focus on overall student experience.
Enjoy a university experience that’s amongst the best in the UK
Take advantage of the Bangor Student Experience (ranked in the top 20 in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2017) with free membership of student clubs and societies, a new international experience programme and employability award scheme.
Award-winning clubs and societies!
Our clubs and societies have been named the best in the UK at the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2018.
Choose to study in one of the best places in the UK to be a student. Bangor’s location – close to the mountains and the sea - has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
Investment in facilities
Benefit from continued investment in facilities and services – with an exciting new Arts and Innovation Centre, new Halls of Residence, and improved sports facilities amongst recent developments.
Guaranteed accommodation in award-wining halls of residence
We guarantee accommodation for first year students who apply within the deadline and hold Bangor as their Frm Choice. Our accommodation has been named the best in the UK at the 2018 WhatUni Student Choice Awards.