Why study with us?
- The School of Computer Science is a young and vibrant environment in which to study.
- Staff student ratio is low enabling staff to give each student individual attention in order that they achieve the highest academic standard.
- Research specialties in computer graphics, visualization, knowledge discovery, and communications. Expertise from these areas are incorporated into our teaching activities, giving students direct access to the latest Computer Science research.
- All courses make use of the state of the art computing laboratories, networked computers and industry standard software.
- We have particularly close links with CAST Wales, a subsidiary of the University. CAST is a business facility housing technology companies and is based in Bangor. CAST not only collaborates with the school on projects but provides projects and employment for our students during and after their studies.
- All our courses place a strong emphasis on vocational aspects of their subjects including oral and written presentations, communication skills and an appreciation of business practices.
- Sponsorship and scholarship opportunities are available on a competitive basis.
- Bangor offers the lowest cost student living in the UK.
- Bangor University is situated in one of the most beautiful locations in the UK, between the mountains of Snowdonia and the Menai Strait, with excellent access to cities such as Manchester, Liverpool, Cardiff and London.
- The crime rate for North Wales is one of the lowest in the whole of the UK.
- We guarantee all first year students a place in our halls of residence.
- Take part in the Bangor Employability Award
© Photography by Glyn Davies