Niwroseicoleg (Rhyngosodol) BSc (Intercalated)
Can there be a more fascinating subject of study than the human mind and human behaviour? Certainly, there is no more complex a subject known to science, and no field of study that offers more in the way of challenges and potential rewards. Just imagine if we knew enough about the way humans work to be able to prevent the occurrence of problems such as mental illness, anxiety or drug addiction. Imagine also if we could use our understanding to ensure that children, the parents of tomorrow, were brought up in conditions which would fully develop their potential for intellectual, emotional and artistic achievement, or that we could improve our understanding of brain injuries or developmental disorders using the latest advances in imaging techniques such as MRI scanners. The study of psychology is vital if progress is to be made on any of these fronts.
As a student in the School of Psychology at Bangor you can begin to achieve a scientific understanding of the basic processes of how people learn, think, feel, and adjust to their social conditions. Our courses cover both normal and abnormal behaviour (e.g. mental illness and learning difficulties) across the life span from infancy to old age, and they deal with the many factors, biological and cultural, which affect human psychology.
The skills and insights you will gain while at Bangor will be useful in many areas of personal and social life as well as in your career. Personal relationships, communication, and child development are just a few of the psychological topics that are of obvious importance in all our lives.
Please also see the School's webpage.
Pam dewis Prifysgol Bangor ar gyfer y cwrs?
- 8th for Course Satisfaction (Guardian Good University Guide 2018).
- Top 15 for Graduate Prospects (Complete University Guide 2018).
- Top 15 for Research Quality – (Complete University Guide 2018).
- 17th (of 114) in the National Student Survey 2017 for Student Satisfaction.
- British Psychological Society fully accredited degree programmes.
- Largest number of Psychology students in Wales and one of the largest and most cosmopolitan departments in UK (HESA Stats).
- 89% of research output either world leading or internationally excellent and 17th overall (REF 2014).
- We were one of only two UK Psychology departments ranked top 20 for research in REF 2014 that are also ranked top 10 for student satisfaction in the same year.
- Top 200 Psychology departments in the world (QS World University Ranking 2017).
- 75% graduated with a 1st or 2:1 in 2017.
- Bangor Psychology is 50+ (born ‘63), putting it amongst the oldest in the UK.
- There are a large number of specialist research labs including a 3T MRI scanner, TMS Labs, ECG facilities and a Brain anatomy laboratory.
- Careers prospects are improved by the focus on transferable skills that is contained throughout the degree eg. PoPPs.
- Bangor University is the only university in Wales to be awarded Gold in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework.
In addition to taught modules, you will have opportunities for practical experience and research, working alongside the School’s specialists in neuropsychology, functional magnetic resonance imaging, event-related brain potentials, magnetic brain stimulation and neural modelling.
Please see the School's webpage for more information.
Beth fyddech yn ei astudio ar y cwrs yma?
Aimed at medical students who wish to study the biological basis of the human mind in health and disease, this one-year course reviews the theoretical underpinnings of neuropsychology, and provides a foundation in clinical and basic neuroscience central for understanding the biological basis of mental illness.
You will cover areas such as Principles of Neuropsychology, Biological Bases of Psychological Disorders, Behavioural Neurology, Cognitive Neuroscience and Clinical Neuropsychology. In addition to taught modules, you will have opportunities for practical experience and research, working alongside the School’s specialists in neuropsychology, functional magnetic resonance imaging, eventrelated brain potentials, magnetic brain stimulation and neural modelling.
*N.B. This degree schemes will not qualify you for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership of the British Psychological Society.
Please see the School of Psychology's web page for more information on what you will study in this course.
Modiwlau y flwyddyn yma
Rhoddir rhestr modiwlau ar gyfer arweiniad yn unig a gall newid. Gweld y modiwlau mae ein myfyrwyr yn astudio ar dudalen Modiwlau Niwroseicoleg (Rhyngosodol).
Rhoddir cynnwys y cwrs ar gyfer arweiniad yn unig a gall newid.
- Your first step is to consult your current Medical School to obtain permission to intercalate. If you would like to discuss the course in more detail, please contact: Bob Rafal. Please note: the intercalated degree scheme, including Joint Honours, will not qualify you for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership of the British Psychological Society.
To apply for a place on this course please fill in this application form. You should then email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com. Remember you need to get permission from your current Medical School to intercalate before you apply.
Cysylltwch â ni
Please do not hesitate to contact us by email or phone on 01248 388453 if you would like to discuss your circumstances or an offer you have received in more detail.
- Psychology with Forensic Psychology (3 blwyddyn)
- Almaeneg gyda Seicoleg BA (Anrhydedd) (4 blwyddyn)
- Astudiaethau Plentyndod ac Ieuenctid a Seicoleg BA (Cydanrhydedd) (3 blwyddyn)
- Cymdeithaseg a Seicoleg BA (Cyd-Anrhydedd) (3 blwyddyn)
- Ffrangeg gyda Seicoleg BA (Anrhydedd) (4 blwyddyn)
- Iaith Saesneg a Seicoleg BA (Cyd-Anrhydedd) (3 blwyddyn)
- Polisi Cymdeithasol a Seicoleg BA (Cydanrhydedd) (3 blwyddyn)
- Seicoleg BSc (Anrhydedd) (3 blwyddyn)
- Seicoleg MSci (4 blwyddyn)
- Seicoleg ac Ieithyddiaeth (3 blwyddyn)
- Seicoleg Glinigol ac Iechyd MSci (4 blwyddyn)
- Seicoleg gyda Busnes BSc (Anrhydedd) (3 blwyddyn)
- Seicoleg gyda Niwroseicoleg BSc (Anrhydedd) (3 blwyddyn)
- Seicoleg gyda Seicoleg Glinigol ac lechyd BSc (Anrhydedd) (3 blwyddyn)
- Troseddeg a Chyfiawnder Troseddol a Seicoleg BA (Cydanrhydedd) (3 blwyddyn)