Tutorials in Marketing
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Sara Parry
The purpose of this module is to introduce students to a range of skills that are necessary for their development into confident and self-sufficient learners. The module will focus on encouraging wider reading and research in the area of Marketing.
The module will be based around fortnightly tutorials and weekly generic skills sessions where these generic academic skills will be applied in the context of Marketing. The generic skills will include note taking in tutorials; IT skills (including internet, e-mail and Blackboard); the sourcing of information (including library, databases and search engines); the use and interpretation of evidence (including quotation, citation and plagiarism); essay preparation and writing (including the development of academic argument); oral presentation; and group work.
D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
B- to B+ (60-69%): Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
A- to A* (70%): Outstanding performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Communicate ideas clearly and confidently in oral form.
Summarise, precis and abstract longer academic papers or journal articles in the field of Marketing.
Develop confidence and competence in a range of learning processes including group work.
Develop the ability to find materials relevant to particular issues and to appraise their provenance and limitations.
Write well-structured essays, with a logical line of argument, drawing upon appropriate evidence from robust sources.
|Logbook or portfolio||80.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Recommended reading, identifying new journal articles, academic and industry research for the oral presentation and essay topics.
Generic skills sessions (5 per semester)
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- People management: to include communications, team building, leadership and motivating others.
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Innovation, creativity and enterprise: the ability to act entrepreneurially to generate, develop and communicate ideas, manage and exploit intellectual property, gain support, and deliver successful outcomes.
- Numeracy: the use of quantitative skills to manipulate data, evaluate, estimate and model business problems, functions and phenomena.
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
- Self reflection: self-analysis and an awareness/sensitivity to diversity in terms of people and cultures. This includes a continuing appetite for development.
There is no set text for this module.
Students should read articles from the following journals: European Journal of Marketing International Journal of Consumer Studies Journal of Consumer Behaviour Journal of Consumer Affairs Journal of Consumer Marketing Marketing Intelligence & Planning Journal of Interactive Marketing Journal of Marketing Management Journal of Product & Brand Management
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- R1N1: BA French with Marketing year 1 (BA/FRMKT)
- R2N1: BA German with Marketing year 1 (BA/GERMKT)
- N5R3: BA Marketing with Italian year 1 (BA/MKITAL)
- N5R1: BA Marketing with French year 1 (BA/MKTFR)
- NR51: BA Marketing and French (4 year) year 1 (BA/MKTFR#)
- N5R6: Marketing with French with International Experience year 1 (BA/MKTFRIE)
- N5R2: BA Marketing with German year 1 (BA/MKTGER)
- NR52: BA Marketing and German (4 year) year 1 (BA/MKTGER4)
- NR53: BA Marketing and Italian (4 year) year 1 (BA/MKTITAL)
- NR54: BA Marketing and Spanish (4 year) year 1 (BA/MKTSP)
- N5R4: BA Marketing with Spanish year 1 (BA/MKTSP#)
- R4N5: BA Spanish with Marketing year 1 (BA/SPMKT)
- N2N5: BSc Business Management and Marketing year 1 (BSC/BMM)
- N2NC: BSc Business Man & Marketing (4 yr with Incorp Foundation) year 1 (BSC/BMM1)
- N5NF: BSc Business Management and Marketing year 1 (BSC/BMMF)
- N5NP: BSc Business Management and Marketing with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/BMMP)
- NNM1: BSc Business Studies & Marketing with Intl Experience year 1 (BSC/BSMIE)
- NN1M: BSc Business Studies and Marketing year 1 (BSC/BSMKT)
- NN1K: BSc Business Studies & Marketing (4 year with Incorp Found) year 1 (BSC/BSMKT1)
- N501: BSc Marketing year 1 (BSC/MKT)
- N50B: BSc Marketing (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (BSC/MKT1)
- N50F: BSc Marketing year 1 (BSC/MKTF)
- N50P: BSc Marketing with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/MKTP)
- N5C8: BSc Marketing with Psychology year 1 (BSC/MP)
- C6N5: BSc Sport Science & Marketing year 1 (BSC/SSM)
- CN5P: Sport Science and Marketing with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/SSMP)