Corporate Risk Manaagement
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School - (Changsha)
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Ms Wendy Ashurst
To examine the identification, measurement, control and financing of pure risks in business organisations.
he module includes
The nature of risk management (Traditional vs. Enterprise risk management); Risk identification (Techniques for identifying 'what could go wrong'); The firm's loss exposures (Asset, Personnel, Liability and Consequential loss risks); Risk measurement and probability distributions (Numerical techniques for measuring risks); Risk control tools (Risk Avoidance, Separation, Combination,Transfer and Loss Control); Risk financing (Techniques for retaining and transferring risk financing); Insurance and the alternatives (Optimum use of insurance in relation to other risk management tools); Legal aspects of insurance and insurance contracts (Laws relating to Insurance suppliers and purchasers); Dealing with insurers (Good practice for insurance purchasers when arranging cover).
D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding Performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Evaluate the uses and limitations of insurance as a risk management device.
Critically evaluate the nature and effectiveness of alternative risk management strategies.
Understand risk control and risk financing techniques.
Analyse and evaluate uses and limitations of probability concepts and statistics for making risk management decisions.
Critically evaluate different methods for dealing with pure risk effectively.
Evaluate the effectiveness of alternative risk management techniques in order to create an optimal risk anagement strategy.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Self-study based on readings and reflection.
One 2-hour lecture per week. Formal lecture series supported by documents available on Blackboard.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N405: BSc Accounting & Finance (Bangor College, China) year 3 (BSC/AFBC)