Speaking and Listening
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School - (Changsha)
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Ms Wendy Ashurst
To raise student' spoken English competence so that they can communicate with other learners of English and with native English speakers in a general, professional or academic setting. To raise student's listening comprehension so that they can understand native English speakers discussing topics of general, professional and academic interest.
This course is only available to students whose native language is not English and who have not passed the Cambridge Advances level examination. This is a single module, taught during the first term of the university year. The course is thematically organised around topics of general interest and wide academic application. Each unit comprises a video or audio tape and exercises and speaking activities based on it. The exercises used are approximately equivalent to Cambridge Advances level, ALTE level 4, corresponding to 'Competent User' in the Council of Europe framework. Tapes and videos are at levels from Advanced to native speaker level to reflect the needs of students' other study at this university.
70% A student has achieved an exceptional standard of competence in coursework and examination relating to the learning outcomes above (equivalent to IELTS 7.0 or above). A student has excellent ability to listen and understand spoken English and is able to respond appropriately and effectively with very few errors of grammar and vocabulary. S/he will only rarely require the interlocutor to repeat or explain unfamiliar or idiomatic expressions but communication is excellent and approaching that of native speakers in pace and content.
55% A student has achieved a good standard of competence in coursework and examination relating to the learning outcomes above (equivalent to IELTS 6.5). A student has good ability to listen and understand spoken English and is able to respond appropriately and effectively, although there may be occasional errors of grammar and vocabulary. S/he may occasionally require the interlocutor to repeat or explain unfamiliar or idiomatic expressions but this will rarely impede communication.
40% A student has achieved the minimum acceptable standard of competence in coursework and examination relating to the learning outcomes above (equivalent to IELTS 6.0). A student has a basic ability to listen and understand spoken English and is usually able to respond appropriately, although there may be some errors of grammar and vocabulary and s/he may require the interlocutor or repeat or explain expressions. Pronunciation may be heavily accented.
On successful completion of the module, a student will be able to: Understand and complete general and academic exercises using listening material designed for student at IELTS 6.0 and above. Understand the gist of listening material at native speaker level and to make appropriate comments and responses. Be familiar with English spoken in a variety of accents. Hold conversations on general topics with other English learners and with native speakers of English.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Teaching consists of a two-hour interactive class each week for 12 weeks. Each week, students are encouraged to communicate with each other and with the teacher in English only. There are considerable number of speaking activities in which the students are required to engage with other class members to give ample opportunity for fluency practice within a comparatively sheltered environment. Each week, students are expected to complete exercises related to the work covered in class, to research in the library and on the internet in preparation for their assignments and to undertake specific communication exercises with native English speakers.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N405: BSc Accounting & Finance (Bangor College, China) year 1 (BSC/AFBC)
- N392: BSc Banking & Finance (Bangor College, China) year 1 (BSC/BFINBC)