Rhedir gan School of Educational Sciences
40.000 Credyd neu 20.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Margiad Williams
The dissertation module is an independent study on a topic of the student’s choice, agreed with the study tutor during Year 2 based on an area of academic interest related to children and young people. It provides the opportunity for students to design and undertake a small-scale research study and receive regular diagnostic feedback from the tutor. Students will focus on in-depth research of the chosen, including a literature review, carrying out research tasks, collecting qualitative or/and quantitative data, using analysis and synthesis skills in an appropriate manner and present a cogent, well-constructed argument.
Guidance will be provided through the dissertation handbook and individual/group tutorials with your project supervisor.
A satisfactory understanding of what constitutes an effective research project based on a sociological, psychological, philosophical or historical perspective relating to children and young people; an ability to choose a subject and to carry out adequate research, together with some analysis and discussion of the evidence and its implications.
A good understanding of what constitutes an effective research project based on a sociological, psychological, philosophical or historical perspective relating to children and young people; an ability to choose an appropriate subject and to carry out effective research, together with good analysis and criticism of the evidence and its implications.
A comprehensive understanding of what constitutes an effective research project based on a sociological, psychological, philosophical or historical perspective relating to children and young people; an ability to choose an appropriate subject and to carry out effective and comprehensive research, together with excellent analysis and insightful criticism of the evidence whilst demonstrating originality.
Clearly communicate research findings and key implications of the research visually and verbally
Research a sociological, psychological, philosophical or historical perspective relating to children and young people;
- Carry out complex research tasks and analyse and synthesise data in relation to the research focus;
Critically evaluate a range of literature and research related to a relevant field of study;
Critically analyse key findings and discuss the implications of the research.
Students will complete their dissertation write-up based on their third year research project
|CYFLWYNIAD UNIGOL||Presentation of proposed dissertation research||
Students will do a presentation on their dissertation project, based on the literature review and proposed methodology
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Notional Learning Hours: (a) Contact Time – e.g. online: 12 hours (b) Private Study – reading time, preparing and taking assessments: 388 hours Format of Teaching: Lectures online: 4 hours Other: 8 hours Teaching Strategy: The module is a self study module with support as follows: 1. Group and individual tutorials with supervisors: 8 hours (across two semesters) 2. Dissertation drop-in sessions (scheduled across two semesters)
|Practical classes and workshops||
Bangor Oral Presentation Scheme
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- constructively critique theories practice and research in the area of child development
- lead support and work collaboratively with others and demonstrate an understanding of working effectively in teams with parents carers and other professionals 11
- use skills of observation and analysis in relation to aspects of the lives of babies and young children
- reflect upon the ethics of studying babies and young children and their families and communities
- generate and explore hypotheses and research questions relating to early childhood in an ecological context
- carry out empirical studies ethically involving a variety of methods of data collection including observation relating to early childhood in an ecological context