Anaesthetic Care Graduate Certificate
- Enw: Anaesthetic Care
- Cymhwyster: Graduate Certificate
- Hyd: 1 year, part-time.
This part-time Graduate Certificate consists of two modules, over one year in duration. This course has been designed for Registrants (HCPC or NMC Registrants) currently working in the operating department. The award may be open to registrants in clinical areas associated with the operating theatre on condition that they can meet the requirement for supervised and assessed clinical practice. Students must be able to complete competencies within a theatre environment. New graduates working within a theatre environment, may apply.
The safe delivery of anaesthesia is an imperative for the NHS and other care providers, and staff who assist in anaesthetic care must have the relevant skills and knowledge to expand their scope of practice within the operating department. The provision of appropriate education is essential to ensure safe practice within the operating department and uphold standards set by the British Anaesthetic and Recovery Nurses Association and The Royal College of Anaesthetists.
Rhoddir cynnwys y cwrs ar gyfer arweiniad yn unig a gall newid.
Main aims of programme:
- To develop knowledge in accordance with the Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland’s recommendations in their guidance document The Anaesthesia Team
- To develop the anaesthetic care skills and knowledge of theatre practitioners to expand their scope of practice within the operating department
- To develop knowledge of local and national policy and protocols relating to the provision of anaesthesia care in the operating and associated departments
To develop the practitioner’s knowledge of clinical emergencies and guidelines/protocols for the care and treatment of the patient.
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- NHS 3204 Anaesthetic Care (1)
- NHS 3205 Anaesthetic Care (2)
Registrants HCPC or NMC Registrants currently working in the operating department.
The award may be open to registrants in clinical areas associated with the operating theatre on condition that they can meet the requirement for supervised and assessed clinical practice.
Students must be able to complete competencies within a theatre environment.
New graduates working within a theatre environment, may apply.
Admissions to the programme are made on a rolling basis, so early applications are encouraged. Applications are made using Bangor’s online application system.
Because this pathway is part-time and requires a current NMC or HCPC registration and access to a operating department environment, this pathway is not suitable for the international market.
Ask the IEC for assistance
If you want advice or a general chat about what’s available contact the International Education Centre on +44 (0) 1248 382028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Need help applying?
Heather Bloodworth +44 (0)1248 388306Dr Lynne Williams, +44 (0)1248 383170.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Sut i wneud Cais
Gallwch nawr wneud cais ar-lein ar gyfer holl raglenni ôl-raddedig trwy ddysgu a rhaglenni ymchwil ôl-raddedig y Brifysgol (gan eithrio TAR, Diploma mewn Therapi Galwedigaethol a DClinPsy).
Cam 1 – Paratoi i wneud cais
- Gallwch wneud cais eich hunain gyda cymorth ein Nodiadau Canllaw ar ymgeisio ar-lein. Rydym yn argymell yn gryf eich bod yn darllen rhain cyn i chi wneud cais ar-lein.
Cam 2 – Gwneud cais ar-lein
Ar ôl i chi ddarllen y Nodiadau Canllaw, dylech wneud cais gan ddefnyddio ein Gwasanaeth Derbyniadau Ar-lein.
Er mwyn ichi weld a chwblhau’r ffurflen gais yn Gymraeg bydd angen i chi sicrhau bod y gosodiad iaith ar eich porwr dewisol wedi ei osod ar Gymraeg. I gael canllawiau ynglŷn â sut i wneud hyn cliciwch yma (cyswllt â chwestiynau a ofynnir yn aml ynglŷn â sut i wneud hyn yn Firefox, IE a Google Chrome)
Wedi i chi gwblhau y ffurflen gais ar-lein bydd rhaid i chi ddarparu copiau o nifer o ddogfennau (wedi eu tystio os nad oes gennych y dogfennau gwreiddiol), megis trawsgrifiadau academaidd, tystysgrifon gradd, cadarnhad o gymorth ariannol.
Am wybodaeth bellach neu gyngor am wneud cais, cysylltwch â’r Swyddfa Derbyniadau Ôl-raddedig.
Ffôn: +44 (0)1248 383717
Pryd i wneud cais
Bydd y Brifysgol yn derbyn ceisiadau drwy gydol y flwyddyn ond byddwn yn gyffredinol yn eich annog i anfon eich cais cyn diwedd mis Mehefin. Mae hyn yn rhoi cyfle i chi wneud trefniadau ariannol a/neu lety ac i chi fedru cael gafael ar drawsgrifiadau a geirda os nad ydych wedi eu hanfon gyda’r cais gwreiddiol.
The programme has been developed in conjunction with partners in the local NHS Health Board (BCUHB) to address skill mix issues in the operating department. Continued partnership working will ensure that the programme remains clinically relevant in the long term. The pathway has been developed with partners from all three Theatres across North Wales including leading clinicians, professional development staff and incumbent Theatre managers.
The academics involved with this graduate certificate have extensive links with external bodies, companies and the 3rd sector, which are fully utilised in ensuring that the module is relevant to the modern work and research environment graduates will enter. They are also all experienced Nurse practitioners and healthcare sciences researchers who still have active links to the local NHS Health Board ensuring that modern clinical practice is embedded within the programme.
Please visit our course fees page to see fees for overseas students.
Cysylltu â ni
Dr Lynne Williams, +44 (0)1248 383170
Heather Bloodworth +44 (0)1248 388306
Why study with the School of Healthcare Sciences
If you haven't already do have a look at this page for a list of reasons that we think mean that if you are interested in this graduate certificate pathway you should consider studying with us.
Doctor in Healthcare (DHealthCare)
Doctor in Healthcare (DHealthCare) / PGDip / PGCert
Masters by Research
- Advanced Clinical Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Advanced Clinical Practice (AHP) MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Advanced Healthcare Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Advanced HEMS Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Applied Health Research MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Dementia Studies MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Leading Quality Improvement MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Mental Health Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Midwifery Studies MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Non-surgical Aesthetic Medicine MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Public Health and Health Promotion (1 year, full-time / 2 years, part-time) MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Public Health and Health Promotion (3 years, part-time) MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Acute Medical Care PGCert
- Acute Surgical Care PGCert
- Contraception / Associated Health PGCert
- Critical Care PGCert
- Diabetes Care and Management PGCert
- Examination of the Newborn PGCert
- Legal and Ethical Concepts in Healthcare and Social Care PGCert
- Mental Health PGCert
- Optimising Breastfeeding PGCert
- Optimising Childbirth PGCert
- Palliative Care Practice PGCert
- Prudent Healthcare PGCert