Why study with us?
Studying within the School of Electronic Engineering
- The School off Electronic Engineering has been ranked Number 1 in Wales for Student Satisfaction (National Student Survey 2016)
- Ranked 2nd in the UK for research. Our research expertise is reflected in all the teaching students receive. Students are therefore guaranteed access to cutting edge research as soon as they arrive at Bangor.
- We are the oldest Electronic Engineering School in the UK.
- The School is over 50 years old and can trace its roots back over a century to the Department of Physics.
- Direct practical experience of techniques and equipment.
- State of the art class 1000 clean room facility.
- All courses make use of the well-equipped laboratories, networked computers and industry software in the large and lively community of the Schools of Electronics and Computer Science.
- 30 years of IET accredited courses. The IET commended Bangor for its staff /student ratio which ensures both excellent student support and the creation of a very good learning environment.
- Students can opt to spend a year working in industry during their studies.
- Individual projects are often carried out in collaboration with a company providing valuable work experience.
- Sponsorship and scholarship opportunities are available on a competitive basis.
Studying at Bangor
Rated Gold for teaching
We have been awarded a Gold rating, the highest rating possible, for the standarad of our teaching in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) assessment. The TEF assessment took into account teaching quality, learning environment and student outcomes and learning gain. We were judged to deliver consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students and our teaching is of the highest quality found in the UK.
A top 10 university
The National Student Survey (NSS) results place Bangor amongst the UK’s top 10 universities (excluding specialist institutions) for student satisfaction. This reflects the University’s focus on overall student experience.
Enjoy a university experience that’s amongst the best in the UK
Take advantage of the Bangor Student Experience (ranked in the top 20 in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2017) with free membership of student clubs and societies, a new international experience programme and employability award scheme.
Award-winning clubs and societies!
Our clubs and societies have been named the best in the UK at the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2017.
Choose to study in one of the best places in the UK to be a student. Bangor’s location – close to the mountains and the sea - has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
Investment in facilities
Benefit from continued investment in facilities and services – with an exciting new Arts and Innovation Centre, new Halls of Residence, and improved sports facilities amongst recent developments.
We guarantee accommodation for first year students who apply within the deadline and hold Bangor as a firm choice. Our accommodation has been rated in the Top 5 in the UK at the 2017 WhatUni Student Choice Awards.