Research Centres and Institutes
- The Centre for Contemporary Poetry
- Institute of Medieval and Early Modern Studies
- R S Thomas Study Centre
- Gender and Medieval Studies Conference 2015, Gender, Dirt and Taboo, January 2015
- Travel in the Marketplace, September 2014
- The Association for Welsh Writing in English: Annual Conference 2014: In/Dependent Wales, April 2014
- From glass case to cyber-space: Chaucerian manuscripts across time, April 2014
- Early Modern soundscapes - An Interdisciplinary symposium, April 2014
- British Branch conference of the International Arthurian Society, September 2013
- Bangor Conference on the Restoration: The Image of Monarchy in Britain and Ireland, 1649–1714, July 2013
Travel and Conflict in the Medieval and Early Modern World Conference
This event will be the second biennial conference of the Aberystwyth-Bangor Institute for Medieval and Early Modern Studies. It will be held at Bangor University, 3-5 September 2015.
The event organizers are Rhun Emlyn and Gabor Gelléri from Aberystwyth, and Andrew Hiscock and Rachel Willie from Bangor.
Click here for more informaiton.
Medievalism Transformed Conference, 2015
Icons of Villany: Villainy and its portrayal in the Medieval and Early Modern world
12-14 June 2015, Bangor University
The 10th annual ‘Medievalism Transformed’ conference will focus on villainy. Paper proposals are welcome from undergraduates, postgraduates and early career scholars. Please visit the website for more information.
Deadline for Call for Papers: 7 April, 2015
Marcher Metaphysicals Conference, 2015
29 October - 1 November 2015, Gregynog Hall, Powys
‘The Marcher Metaphysicals’ 2015, a conference to explore the relationship of the seventeenth-century metaphysical poets to liminal spaces, particularly the border country known as the Welsh Marches. Please visit the website for more information.
Deadline for Call for Papers: 28 February, 2015
More information about conferences...
If you would like more information about conferences organised or hosted by the School of English Literature, please contact us.