Bangor University (BU) is committed to excellence in education, and to supporting progression and achievement of students. We therefore expect all our students to attend lectures and other teaching events.
Regular monitoring of student attendance allows BU to identify students who are in need of guidance or support and to direct them to the most appropriate department or service within BU. BU monitors both Home/EU student attendance, and also Tier 4 Visa students' attendance and engagement in particular, in accordance with the requirements of the UK Visa & Immigration Authority.
Further information on both the Home/EU and the Tier 4 Visa attendance arrangements can be found on the links below:
- Attendance Monitoring Policy for Tier 4 Sponsored Students
- Residency and Attendance Monitoring Policy
- Home / EU Attendance Policy and Escalation Procedure - information available shortly
Tier 4 Student Information
- Application for Visa Extension CAS to Complete Studies
- Application for Visa - Doctorate Extension Scheme