Infection Prevention Best Practice and Behaviours MOOC
- This is a distance learning course
- Monday 14 September 2020, 00:00
- Dr Lynne Williams
Thank you for showing interest in the Infection Prevention MOOC. This is an online course which runs over 10 weeks. Each week, you will access a different learning unit focused on promoting best practice and behaviours in infection prevention. Each unit requires approximately one hour of your time per week. There are two discussion forums to join over the 10 week period and successful completion of the course provides you with evidence of 12 hours CPD. This is a free course. Please email Dr Lynne Williams to secure a place. A Bangor University certificate is available to purchase on successful completion.
The learning unit topics are;
1. Principles of infection prevention (Global and local significance of infection, HCAI and antimicrobial resistance. Impact of infection on people/patients/society)
2. Getting evidence into practice (Evidence-based practice, sources of evidence, quality of care people expect to receive)
3. Knowing if you are making a difference (Standards and guidelines, audit, surveillance and feedback. Discussion Board)
4. Behaviour change (Behaviour change, how we learn behaviours, theories and related examples to infection prevention)
5. Behaviour change in practice (Behaviour change in practice. Influences on behaviour)
6. Understanding the work setting (Person-centred care, workplace culture and managing challenges)
7. Leading the way (Leadership approaches and principles with relevance to infection prevention)
8. The champion role (What is a champion and championing in infection prevention)
9. Making quality improvement matter (Quality improvement tools and techniques, practical applicability)
10. Bringing it all together (Discussion Board)
Feedback from previous course participants:
“The course has helped give me ideas about how I can develop my role”
“This MOOC is just appropriate as I can access it and learn anytime and anywhere. The quizzes and discussion forums provide an avenue to share ideas and learn from other participants”
“The online platform, course layout and materials are easy to use and accessible”
“I have learned a great deal, which I can look back on to give me support and ideas to improve my area of work”
"I thought the content was just fab. A recap and reminder of what I already knew, but the addition of being able to understand how to put it into practice."
"Congratulations and well done in promoting patient safety through an accessible system which was a very positive educational exercise."
"All the areas covered are applicable to my work. Also had an opportunity to upgrade my knowledge on some things that I don’t do every day."
Watch our introduction to the MOOC video here.