Dr David Coyle
Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing
- PhD (University of Chester)
- Registered Nurse Tutor Professional (Nursing and Midwifery Council)
- MEd (Cardiff University)
- Registered mental nurse Professional
- Registered nurse for people with learning disabilities Professional
I am an experienced nurse academic who is committed to the delivery of quality, evidence based education for the development of mental health nurses and their practise. I am dedicated to incorporating the voice of the consumer in shaping the design and delivery of education and services. I support the promotion of values based nursing interventions and ethical managment in my work. My role includes supporting undergraduate, masters and doctoral students across the School's programmes. My research and publications are reflected in my teaching and supervision. I am particularly interested in personalisation and construction of identity as well as warrants of convention applied to mental health contexts.
I am willing to supervise a PhD
- Evaluation ResearchCoyle, D 2013, Evaluation Research. in A McIntosh-Scott, T Mason, E Mason-Whitehead & D Coyle (eds), Key Concepts in Nursing and Healthcare Research. 1st edn, Sage Key Concepts Series, SAGE Publications, London.
- Key Concepts in Nursing and Healthcare ResesarchMcIntosh-Scott, A, Mason, T, Mason-Whitehead, E & Coyle, D (eds) 2013, Key Concepts in Nursing and Healthcare Resesarch. Sage Key Concepts Series, 1 edn, SAGE Publications.
- Impact of person-centred thinking and personal budgets in mental health services: reporting a UK pilotCoyle, DS 2011, 'Impact of person-centred thinking and personal budgets in mental health services: reporting a UK pilot' Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 796-803. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2850.2011.01728.x
- Personal health budgets and the role of nursingCoyle, DS & Alakeson, V 2011, 'Personal health budgets and the role of nursing' Nursing Standard, vol. 25, no. 26, pp. 35-39. DOI: 10.7748/ns2011.03.25.26.35.c8369
- Forensic multidisciplinary perspectives of Tarasoff liability: a vignette studyCoyle, DS, Mason, T, Worsley, A & Coyle, D 2010, 'Forensic multidisciplinary perspectives of Tarasoff liability: a vignette study' Journal of Forensic Psychiatry and Psychology, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 549-554.
- Person-Centred PlanningCoyle, DS, Coyle, D & Lunt, J 2010, Person-Centred Planning. in Key Concepts in Learning Disabilities. 2010 edn, SAGE Publications, pp. 193-198.
- Community learning disability nursingCoyle, DS, Williams, RW, Coyle, D, Watkins, D (ed.) & Cousins, J (ed.) 2009, Community learning disability nursing. in Public Health and Community Nursing: Frameworks for practice. 2009 edn, Elsevier, pp. 249-258.
- Public Health and Mental HealthCoyle, DS, Coyle, D, Wilson, F (ed.) & Mabhala, A (ed.) 2008, Public Health and Mental Health. in Key Concepts in Public Health. 2008 edn, SAGE Publications, pp. 225-229.
- Forensic psychiatric nursing: skills and competencies: I role dimensionsCoyle, DS, Mason, T, Lovell, A & Coyle, D 2008, 'Forensic psychiatric nursing: skills and competencies: I role dimensions' Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 118-130. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2850.2007.01191.x
- Forensic psychiatric nursing: skills and competencies: II clinical aspectsCoyle, DS, Mason, T, Coyle, D & Lovell, A 2008, 'Forensic psychiatric nursing: skills and competencies: II clinical aspects' Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 131-139. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2850.2007.01192.x