Radiography Interview & Selection
Congratulations on being shortlisted for interview for BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography (Bangor University).
- You will need to access your personal UCAS track page for the details of the date and location of your interview.
- You must confirm your attendance through UCAS; if you do not do so your offer of interview will be withdrawn and your application will be rejected.
- Interview dates will only be changed in exceptional circumstances and only if there are alternative appointments available. If you are unable to attend on the given date please email email@example.com.
- The individual interviews will begin at 10am.
- The course is provided on the Wrexham campus and this is where interviews are held – DO NOT GO TO BANGOR
Interviews for Diagnostic Radiography are held at the Wrexham campus; School of Healthcare Sciences Bangor University, Radiography, Archimedes Centre, Wrexham Technology Park, Wrexham LL13 7YP. www.bangor.ac.uk/healthcaresciences/about/wrexham.php.en
Interviews for Diagnostic Radiography will take place at the Wrexham Archimedes campus on:
- 24th January 2018
- 31st January 2018
- 7th February 2018
Part of the Diagnostic Radiography course conditions are that where possible, prior to acceptance, you will have attended an X Ray department in a hospital of your choice for the equivalent of 1 full day (2 full days would be preferable but it is appreciated that this can be difficult) and had a satisfactorily completed clinical visit form (which can be downloaded here) signed by a supervising radiographer. We will also accept a letter from the department confirming attendance and areas visited if for any reason you are unable to obtain the clinical visit form or have visited a department already.
The visit form should be submitted by March 15th. If this is completed prior to interview, please bring the form with you; alternatively you can post it to School of Healthcare Sciences Bangor University, Radiography, Archimedes Centre, Wrexham Technology Park, Wrexham LL13 7YP.
Interview format for Diagnostic Radiography
- At the start of your interview session we give a presentation to all interviewees that explains how our course is run; interviews and site visits take place after this presentation.
- During site visits you will have the opportunity to meet students and staff from the course.
- We use an individual interviewing system and you will be asked to complete a written answer to a question that will be provided at the start of the session; this will take ten minutes.
- Your interviewer may also ask you questions based on information provided on your application form and you will also have the opportunity to ask questions at the end of the 10-15 minute interview.
- No sensitive information will be discussed by your interviewer.
What happens following interview?
You will be informed of the outcome of your interview via UCAS track so it is important that you check your account regularly.
If you have been accepted following an interview
Congratulations you were successful at interview and you will have received your offer from UCAS. We now need you to do the following;
If you have received an offer from UCAS following your interview you will be informed of a date to bring proof of your qualifications.
You will also have to complete an occupational health check.
Please complete the form below and send directly to : Occupational Health Department, Maelor Hospital, Wrexham, LL13 7TD
Please note that failure to complete and return these documents in a timely manner may delay your application.
If you have been declined following an interview
Thank you to all the candidates who attended our selection days. Well done for being offered an interview!
The number of applicants we have received for number of vacancies has been overwhelming and the quality of the applications has been high.
Selection for a place on the course was dependent on the number of available places. We had limited places to offer so difficult choices had to be made.
Selection was made by reviewing multiple factors including;
- Written work;
- Individual interviews;
- Original applications, including your education profile
- Personal statement
Following the selection day, compared to other candidates, those that were not offered a place were less able to convince the panel of their suitability to enter the Diagnostic Radiography course on this occasion.
Some of the offers that will be made are conditional. Should offers be declined, or if conditions are not met, we will be reviewing all those who attended interview and may be making offers at a later date.
All subsequent offers are made on reconsideration of all interviewees.
Want to know more?