Continuing Professional Development
Associate Students and Continuing Professional Development
Students who do not wish to register for the BSc (Hons) pathway can choose a limited number of modules at either level 5 or level 6 from the pathway to study as an Associate Student.
Students can then carry a maximum of 60 credits forward when they choose to register on the BSc (Hons) Health Studies degree programme.
The fees for nurses and midwives employed by Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board may be covered by commissioning arrangements with Bangor University if they have the signed support of their Manager and Head of Nursing and Midwifery Education, Research and Professional Practice, BCUHB. Please check with the the Office of the Head of Nursing and Midwifery Education, Research and Professional Practice, BCUHB.
Making an Application
Further information and application forms can be obtained from contacting the School BSc Admissions.
You can also attend these standalone courses:
Return to Practice Nursing
The undertaking of a Return to Practice Course approved by the NMC is mandatory for practitioners who wish to renew their registration. Find out more...
Successful completion of this course leads to a recordable qualification in prescribing with one of the three regulating bodies, NMC, HCPC or GPhC. Find out more...
To apply please complete the relevant applcation form below:
Standard: Independent Prescribing 2015/16
Pharmacists only: Pharmacists only Non-Medical Prescribing 2015–16
Please contact Module leads with any queries:
Courses for Qualified Health Care Professionals
As a qualified professional we can offer you exciting opportunities on a wide range of full time or part time programmes at a variety of levels including:
- Health Studies
Level 6/7 Awards
- Independent Prescribing (NHS 3146)
- Non-medical Prescribing (NHS 4355)
- Return to Practice Nursing
- Acute Medical Care
- Acute Surgical Care
- Contraception / Associated Health PG Cert
- Diabetes Care and Management PG Cert
- Examination of the Newborn PG Cert
- Intensive Care Nursing PG Cert
- Legal & Ethical Concepts in Healthcare
- Mental Health PG Cert*
- Optimising Breastfeeding PG Cert
- Optimising Childbirth PG Cert
- Advanced Clinical Practice MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Advanced Clinical Practice (AHP) MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Advanced Healthcare Practice MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Applied Health Research
- Dementia Studies MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Leading Quality Improvement MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Midwifery Studies MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Public Health and Health Promotion MSc/PgDip/PgCert