Healthcare and Medical Sciences Academic Ethics Committee
On this page you will find all the information you need to submit your proposal to the Healthcare and Medical Academic Ethics Committee.
The guidance notes on the submission process are included in the Research Policy; please click here to download a copy of the Research Policy.
Submit to the Healthcare and Medical Sciences Academic Ethics Committee
Please click on the link below and log into the electronic submission system using your usual Bangor University username and password.
Feedback on the electronic system
We would welcome your feedback on the new submission system in order to facilitate it's development and highlight any glitches. Please click on the link below to give us your feedback.
Even if you do not submit your project for ethical approval you are still required to inform the School of Healthcare Sciences that the research is taking place using one of the methods outlined below.
Project Registration for Literature and Systematic Review Research
Although there is no need to submit literature or systematic review research for ethical approval you are still required to notify the AEC that you are undertaking the research by clicking the link below and completing the registration form.
Project Registration/Review for Secondary Data Analysis
Projects involving the analysis of secondary data may still require ethical approval. Please download the Project Registration/Review Form here, and submit to the Chair of the Ethics Committee for consideration, along with a copy of your research proposal. Further guidance on secondary data analysis is included in the Research Policy. You can contact the Chair of the Ethics Committee, Lynne Williams, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Registration and Radiation Register for Experiments Based in X-ray Room
The Project Registration and Radiation Register form can be downloaded here. Please complete the form and submit to the designated Radiation Protection Supervisor for approval. The signed copy should then be submitted to the Chair of the Ethics Committee. You can contact the Chair of the Ethics Committee Lynne Williams, at email@example.com.
Guidance for Completing Electronic Submission
Resources for Clinical Trials
- HCMS AEC Process of scrutiny, approval and monitoring (Bangor University
- Trial Checklist
- Sponsorship Principles
- Role of the Sponsor
- MHRA GCP Guide
- NISCHR Permissions Co-ordinating Process
- Ethical Review of Student Research
- Permissions Co-ordinating Process
- Briefing notes for researchers: public involvement in NHS, public health and social care research
- Consultation on the Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) functions within (NISCHR CRC)
- PiiAF: The Public Involvement Impact Assessment Framework: Executive Summary
- Going the extra mile: Improving the nation’s health and wellbeing through public involvement in research
- Involving People Guidelines for researchers
- Involving People Action Plan
- PiiAF: The Public Involvement Impact Assessment Framework Guidance
You can contact the AEC administrators by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by telephone:
For taught programmes contact -Susan Metcalfe 01248
For research programmes & staff contact - Nyree Hulme 01248 383162