Acute Surgical Care PG Cert
- Name: Acute Surgical Care
- Qualification: PG Cert
- Duration: 1 year, part-time
During this course students will develop high levels of clinical judgement and understanding of practice that will enable them to further develop as knowledgeable and skilled healthcare professionals, capable of delivering high quality, evidence based health care. In particular graduates will be able to demonstrate enhanced problem solving skills (using critical analysis through knowledge of appropriate theory and reflection on clinical experience) which will support the delivery of evidence based care that builds upon existing knowledge of research relating to surgical care and management.
- Developments in Surgical
- Leadership in Context
- Work based learning
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
The module will use a variety of assessments such as written examination, OSCEs, competencies and an applied assignment.
Course content is for guidance purposes only and may be subject to change.
For information and further detailed guidance on entry requirements for International Students, including the minimum English Language entry requirement, please visit the Entry Requirements by Country pages on the International Education Centre section of our website.
Ask the IEC for assistance...
If you want advice or a general chat about what’s available contact the International Education Centre on +44 (0) 1248 382028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions to the programme are made on a rolling basis, so early applications are encouraged. Applications are made using Bangor’s online application system.
Because this pathway is part-time and requires a current NMC/HCPC registration and access to a minor injury or pre-hospital environment, this pathway is not suitable for the international market.
If you have any questions about entry requirements, how to apply or the course you are interested in please do not hesitate to contact Gill Roberts 01248 383544 or by emailing email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
How to Apply
Home/EU students: apply online yourself with the help of our Guidance Notes on online application for Home/EU students. We strongly recommend you read these before you start to apply online.
Once you have read the Guidance Notes you should apply using our Online Application form.
Need help applying? Home/EU students please contact:
Postgraduate Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Telephone: +44 (0)1248 383717.
- Students: can apply though our Online Application Portal. Refer to the Guidance Notes for help filling the form.
- Agents: if you are an agent applying on behalf of the student, then you can Apply here. For further guidance click here
Need help applying? International students please contact:
International Education Office: email@example.com or write to
International Education Centre
Telephone: +44 (0) 1248 382028
When to apply
The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June to ensure that you have time to make any funding and/or accommodation arrangements, and for documents such as transcripts and references to be obtained if not submitted with the application. This will also give you more time to meet any conditions we may potentially attach to an offer.
This course is especially designed for healthcare professionals employed or able to work either in an acute or surgical healthcare environment and will enhance employment and promotion opportunities.
The academics involved with this PG Cert have extensive links with external bodies, companies and the 3rd sector, which are fully utilised in ensuring that the modules are relevant to the modern work and research environment graduates will enter. They are also all experienced Nurse practioners who still have active links to the local NHS trust ensuring that modern clinical practice is embedded within the programme.
The standard tuition fees for part-time UK and EU students on HCS course will be charged, please visit our course fees page for the latest fee levels.
If you have additional questions about academic aspects of the course, please e-mail Gill Roberts: Gillian.firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 01248 383544
Why study with the School of Healthcare Sciences
If you haven't already do have a look at this page for a list of reasons that we think mean that if you are interested in a PG Cert Acute Surgical Care you should consider studying with us.
Doctor in Healthcare (DHealthCare) / PGDip / PGCert
- Advanced Clinical Practice MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Advanced Clinical Practice (AHP) MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Advanced Healthcare Practice MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Applied Health Research MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Dementia Studies MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Leading Quality Improvement MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Midwifery Studies MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Public Health and Health Promotion (1 year, full-time / 2 years, part-time) MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Public Health and Health Promotion (3 years, part-time) MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Acute Medical Care PG Cert
- Contraception / Associated Health PG Cert
- Diabetes Care and Management PG Cert
- Examination of the Newborn PG Cert
- Intensive Care Nursing PG Cert
- Legal and Ethical Concepts in Healthcare and Social Care PG Cert
- Mental Health PG Cert
- Optimising Breastfeeding PG Cert
- Optimising Childbirth PG Cert
- Prudent Healthcare PG Cert