Bangor Institute for Health & Medical Research (BIHMR)
The mission of the BIHMR is to build on our REF 2014 success to sustain and grow excellence in health and medical research. We aim to conduct research of the highest standard, with UK and international impact; and able to contribute to improvements in local health and healthcare, as well as making an impact across Wales and the United Kingdom, and internationally.
BIHMR brings together the research groups from the School of Healthcare Sciences:
- Bangor Evidence Synthesis Hub (BESH)
- Centre for Health Economics and Medicines Evaluation (CHEME)
- Dementia Services Development Centre (DSDC)
- Implement@Bangor: Implementation Research Programme
- North Wales Centre for Primary Care Research (NWCPCR)
- North Wales Organisation for Randomised Trials in Health (NWORTH Clinical Trials Unit)
- LLAIS: Language Awareness Infrastructure Support
- Service User Perspectives and Experiences Research (SUPER)
BIHMR will provide a platform on which new alliances and collaborations between these research groups and others from across the College of Health and Behavioural Sciences, and the wider University.
Research within the other College of Health and Behavioural Sciences Schools can be located on the links below:
School of Healthcare Sciences
Tel: 01248 383150