Staff Profile: Angela Williams
- Angela Williams
- Lecturer in Nursing
- 01248 383133
- Archimedes, Wrexham
- Lecturer in Nursing since March 2014 – based in Wrexham.
- External examiner at the University of the West of Scotland for post registration courses since 2013.
- University of Surrey external examiner undergraduate programme Adult Field since 2014.
- Faculty member of the 1000 Lives Improvement Service since 2012
- Senior Lecturer in Nursing at Glyndwr University (2003-2014).
- External examiner for Edge Hill University (2009-2013).
- Prior to lecturing, Angela worked in the healthcare profession as a Midwife, Adult Nurse and Health Visitor in the Wrexham area.
- After moving to the London area in 1985, Angela came back to North Wales in 1998 to work in Meirionydd as a Midwife.
1000 Lives Improvement: Angela is a member of the 1000 Lives Improvement Service – a national improvement service for NHS Wales that aims to improve the outcome for people using health services across Wales. Angela was affiliated in an article published by the service in 2013 (see below) which focused on the integration of quality improvement education within undergraduate nursing programmes in Wales. This was done by collaborating between higher education institutions, NHS Wales and the UK Institute for Healthcare Improvement Open School.
Queen’s Title Award: In May 2016, Angela received the prestigious title of Queen’s Nurse. This title is awarded by the Queen’s Nursing Institute in recognition of the impact that nurses have on learning, leadership and service development in their communities. Angela was greatly recognised for her work in the Wrexham area.
Why Bangor University?
‘’I enjoys working at the Wrexham campus. The close proximity of the area means that staff and students get to know each other really well, something that is very appealing to people. Also, the health-related library is an excellent resource for students studying in the town.
The campus is within easy reach of other nearby towns and cities, something that is important to me, as an avid football fan!’’