Dr John Alcock
Lecturer in Adult Nursing
- An Exploration of the Characteristics of Student Nurse Personal Epistemologies and their Relationships to Approaches to Studying PhD
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education (tHE) Professional
- Nurse Prescribing Module V100 Professional
- B.Sc. Applied Community Health Studies with Specialist Practitioner award in District Nursing (D.N.) Professional (North East Wales Institute)
- B.Sc. (Hons) Biological Sciences BSc (University of London)
- Well-being and self-efficacy in a sample of undergraduate nurse studentsPriesack, A & Alcock, J 2015, 'Well-being and self-efficacy in a sample of undergraduate nurse students: A small survey study' Nurse Education Today, vol 35, no. 5, pp. e16-20. DOI: 10.1016/j.nedt.2015.01.022
- Nursing students as research participantsBradbury-Jones, C & Alcock, J 2010, 'Nursing students as research participants: a framework for ethical practice' Nurse Education Today, vol 30, no. 2, pp. 192-6. DOI: 10.1016/j.nedt.2009.07.013
- 'Mixed methods' and 'Transcription'Alcock, J 2009, 'Mixed methods' and 'Transcription'. in Reviewing and Reading Social Care Research: From Ideas to Findings: A training manual with support materials. University of Wales Bangor, Bangor, pp. 311-322.
- The impact on parents of a child's admission to intensive careColville, G, Darkins, J, Hesketh, J, Bennett, V, Alcock, J & Noyes, J 2009, 'The impact on parents of a child's admission to intensive care: integration of qualitative findings from a cross-sectional study' Intensive and Critical Care Nursing, vol 25, no. 2, pp. 72-9. DOI: 10.1016/j.iccn.2008.10.002
- Planning for pandemic influenza.Alcock, JA, Alcock, J & Delieu, JM 2007, 'Planning for pandemic influenza.' Nursing Standard, vol 22, no. 3, pp. 35-39.
- Computer-assisted software transcription of qualitative interviews.Alcock, JA, Alcock, J & Iphofen, R 2007, 'Computer-assisted software transcription of qualitative interviews.' Nurse Researcher, vol 15, no. 1, pp. 16-26.
- A comparative historical analysis of Florence Nightingale’s letters to William Rathbone during the Bangor typhoid outbreak 1882-1883 – A student engagement through partnership study.
22 Mar 2017
Activity: Oral presentation (Speaker)
- Nurse Education Today (Journal)
2014 – 2018
Activity: Publication peer-review (Editorial board member)
- Higher Education Academy
Reviewer for National Teaching Fellow awards
2013 – 2017
Activity: Types of External academic engagement - Membership of peer review panel or committee (Contributor)