- Location: Archimedes, Wrexham
- Phone: 01248 383918
- Email: email@example.com
- Nurse Lecturer on the Pre-Registration Nursing Course
- 1982 – 1985: North East Wales NHS Trust (Maelor), as a staff nurse within the surgical directorate.
- Responsibilities: Delivered fundamentals of care to allocated group of patients.
- 1985-1986: War Memorial Hospital, Wrexham. Senior staff nurse within the medical directorate.
- Responsibilities: Management of the ward on a shift basis. Development of staff and their skills within the area. Responsibility for allocated group of patients.
- 1986 – 1992: North East Wales NHS Trust. Night Sister within all areas of the hospital.
- Responsibilities: Occasional management of the hospital. Responsibility for allocated staff and ward areas.
- Academic November 1992 – present: Responsible for a range of duties in relation to the Teaching and Supervision of students undertaking Nurse Training Programmes. Also responsible for organising, co – coordinating and teaching on the Mentor Course; Delivering Mentor Updates and sessions for the preparation of ‘sign –off Mentor’ status.
- Educated to O Level standard
- October 1982: State Registered Nurse – UKCC (Nursing and Midwifery Council)
- 1987: Diploma in Nursing (Distinction) - North East Wales Institute
- 1993: Bachelor of Nursing - North East Wales Institute
- January 1996: Registered Nurse Tutor – UKCC
- 1996: Post Graduate Certificate in Education - N.E.W.I.
- 1999: Diploma in Counselling - University of Wales, Bangor
- 2004: Masters in Science - N.E.W.I.
- 2010: Breast Care Module - Bangor University
- July 2015: Immediate Life Support Course - Resus. Council UK
In 2016, Karen was awarded a Long Service Award from the University for her commitment and dedication to the job, having commenced working in the School of Nursing and Midwifery Studies in 1992, in the capacity of Liaison Nurse. She later became a Lecturer of Nursing in the University in November 1995. However, prior to this, Karen began worked for the NHS in October 1979.