Staff Profile: Sheila Brown
- Sheila Brown
- Lead Midwife for Education & Course Director for the Bachelor of Midwifery Programme
- 01240 383 906
- School of Healthcare Sciences, Fron Heulog, Bangor / Archimedes, Wrexham
External Examiner Post
- University of the West of Scotland, pre- registration Midwifery (BSc & MSc)
- 2015 NMC recordable teaching qualification
- 2009 International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
- 2007 Registered Midwife (UK)
- 2004 Registered Midwife (Australia)
- 1993 Registered Nurse (Canada)
- 2015 Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PG Cert HE), Bangor University
- 2013 Master of Research in Health and Social Care (MRes HSC), The University of Manchester
- 2007 Bachelor of Midwifery (BM), Bangor University
- 2004 Master of Science (MSc), University of Wollongong, Australia
- 2001 Bachelor of Technology in Specialty Nursing (BTSN), British Columbia Institute of Technology, Canada
- 1993 General Nursing Diploma, University College of the Fraser Valley, Canada
- 2013 Tricia Anderson Award, Iolanthe Midwifery Trust
- 2013 Dame Rosalind Paget Award, Iolanthe Midwifery Trust
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners
Medical, surgical, obstetrical and neonatal nursing. Midwifery: inpatient areas and community caseloading. Experience working in rural and remote areas including arctic Canada and central Australia.
Poster presentation: Women’s experiences of cervical ripening as inpatients on an antenatal ward, Sheila Brown & Christine Furber, Royal College of Midwives Annual conference, Telford, 11/2014
Concurrent session: “’Poles Apart’? Challenges in maternity care provision in arctic Canada and central Australia” Sheila Stewart* at the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) Triennial Congress, Glasgow; 06/2008.
Brown, SJS & Furber, CM (2015) Women’s experiences of cervical ripening as inpatients on an antenatal ward. Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare. 6 (4): 219-225.
Bradbury-Jones, C, *Stewart, S, Irvine, F and Sambrook, S (2010) Nursing students’ experiences of being a research participant: findings from a longitudinal study. Nurse Education Today. 31 (1): 107-111.