Fees & Finances
Postgraduate Loan & additional support (Wales & EU)
- A postgraduate loan is available for students ordinarily resident in Wales. The loan applies to students undertaking full- or part-time courses leading to the award of a Master’s degree.
- A loan of £10,280 was initially introduced for students from Wales starting a postgraduate courses after August 1, 2017.
- For the academic year 2018-19 an increased loan of £13,000 will be available to Welsh-domiciled and EU students. More information.
- For 2018-19, the Welsh Government is also providing additional support for postgraduate students from Wales who choose to study in Wales.
- At Bangor University, this means students from Wales and the EU are guaranteed a tuition fee reduction of £1,000.
- For Wales-domiciled students only, an additional means-tested maintenance support payment of £5000 will be made to eligible candidates, depending on household income / personal circumstances. The maintenance support payment will require a separate assessment process - further details available soon.
Postgraduate Loan (England)
Students from England are able to apply for a postgraduate loan (PGL) of up to £10,609 as a contribution to the cost of study, with repayment on similar terms to the undergraduate student loan. For full details of eligibility, payment and repayment, download the PGL Policy Summary.
For the latest details please check the UK government website.
Postgraduate Tuition Fee Loan (Northern Ireland)
Students from Northern Ireland can now apply for up to £5500 towards the cost of their postgraduate tuition fee. For full details please check the Student Finance NI website, or read the full DfE statement here.
Scholarships, Studentships & Bursaries
The University offers a wide range of scholarships, studentships and bursaries.
If you are an international student you should consult our country-specific pages for the most relevant information. The International Education Centre act as the focal point for international students across all courses, subject areas and levels of study at Bangor. Fees, funding and scholarship opportunities may vary depending on your nationality and home country.
Tuition fees & Payment methods
Funding your studies
Visit our Postgraduate Student Finance site for details about funding opportunities including funded courses, endowment supported courses, scholarships or bursaries.