Bangor University is committed to developing its research staff at every stage of their career, and this website provides research staff with information regarding the relevant support provided by the University and links to useful external resources.
The Research Councils and other funding bodies are promoting transferable skills training in universities and the University’s Researcher Development Programme is designed to align with those requirements.
Please find below information about the courses and programmes that the University provides for staff and Research Leaders as well as many other useful links that are relevant to your professional and career development as a Researcher at Bangor University.
- The Vitae Researcher Development Framework (RDF) - A tool for planning and supporting the professional and career development of researchers.
- Research Induction - Information about the University's induction day for new researchers.
- Welsh Language Researcher Development Courses - Information about the Welsh medium research courses provided by the Coleg Cenedlaethol.
- Welsh Crucible - Professional and leadership programme for future research leaders in Wales.
- Mentoring for Women - Information about the women in University's Mentoring Scheme.
- The University's Staff Development Programme - Information regarding broader training provision in the University.
- Centre for Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CELT) - Information about programme and events to support teaching and learning at Bangor.
- Vitae - A programme and network that supports the development of researchers in the UK.
- Vitae Research Careers on-line information
- Information about the University's Performance Development Review Scheme
- Information about the University's Academic Progression and Promotion Policy and Process
- Euraxess - Information about a European initiative providing access to a complete range of information and support service to researchers wishing to pursue their research careers in Europe or stay connected to it
How the University Supports You
Bangor University and the Concordat for Researchers - This provides information about the University's Concordat Action Plan and engagement with researchers in this area.