Development and Support for Managers
This section contains information regarding leadership and management development opportunities as well as various guides to support staff in their role as managers in the University.
Effective management and leadership development is essential for the University to ensure that its leaders and managers have the skills and confidence to manage effectively. Effective management not only helps the University to achieve its objectives but also aims to ensure that staff can contribute within a positive environment in which staff are treated fairly and consistently.
The University provides development opportunities at various levels for leaders and managers. These programmes and workshops aim to set the foundations for effective leadership and management.
- Leadership and Management Development: An outline of the leadership and management opportunities provided by the University
- New Managers: An outline of the workshops provided for newly appointed managers
- Developing Your Team: A guide to how we can support managers and teams that is customised to your needs.
- Action Learning Sets for Managers and Supervisors:
- Useful Guides for Managers: Quick skills guides and best practice and tips for managers.
- Useful Links: to external organisations that provide development opportunities for managers.