Socialising at Our Venues
When it comes to socialising at our commercial venues, Bangor University is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where we actively promote responsible drinking.
Academi and Bar Uno are Bangor's commercial venues. They have policies in place to ensure student welfare:
- Students arriving at these venues who are deemed to be overly intoxicated will not be allowed entry.
- In these circumstances the door staff will offer the student water and a place to sit in an effort to help them sober up.
- In the event that a student needs escorting home, they will be assisted to a taxi to avoid them walking home alone.
- Door staff are trained beyond the required level of training required by the SIA (Security Industry Authority) and are also trained in first aid and emergency first aid.
- Within these venues, if a student is seen to have consumed an excessive volume of alcohol, the bar staff will not serve them more.
- If students are seen or reported to be showing signs of aggression or harassment towards others, the venue management may consider asking the person to leave the venue.