Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information

Support and Advice

Student Services

Guidance on finance, housing, health, disability issues and mental health can all be accessed through Student Services. They also offer a free confidential Student Counselling service. Find out more by visiting the Student Services website.

You can download our Mature Students Guide here and we have a dedicated Mature Students Advisor to help with any concerns you may have.

Mature Students Advisor – Kim Davies

First Floor, Rathbone, College Road, Bangor, LL57 2DG


Tel: 01248 382072

International Student Support Office

The International Student Support Office provide guidance and support to all International Students and their families. Its aim is to help you get the best out of your time at Bangor.

If you have any problems or concerns regarding you or your family, or if you need information on any aspect of your stay here in Bangor, the International Student Support Office is situated in the Rathbone Building and is open 9am–4pm, Monday to Friday. Visit the International Support Office website for more information.


Tel: 01248 382882

For academic information, visit our International Education Centre website.

English Language Support

The English Language Centre for Overseas Students (ELCOS) provides English language and study skills courses to overseas students at Bangor University and their families. The centre provides a full range of classes. Visit their website for more information.

Student Counselling

The Student Counselling Service offers a variety of resources to support students during their time at University. Counselling is available for any students who are experiencing some difficulty or problem in their life and who feel that they cannot for the moment solve this difficulty on their own.

A series of Self-Help resources including pod casts, apps and information handouts are available on their website.

Tel: 01248 388520



If you are facing barriers engaging in student life then Connect@Bangor may be able to help. Students from Bangor University volunteer to befriend anyone who needs help with getting involved in student life, whether this is through clubs and societies, accompanying you to the shops, visiting your local GP or just having a coffee.

For more information about accessing for this service and information about current volunteers, visit the Students' Union website for further details.

Personal Tutor

Each undergraduate student is allocated a Personal Tutor. As well as providing advice and support on academic matters you can speak to your tutor about more personal/welfare matters, even though they may need to refer you to other services for further guidance.

Halls Senior Wardens and Residential Mentors

Halls Senior Wardens have a dual welfare and disciplinary role. They are assisted by Residential Mentors in the provision of pastoral support for students residing in Halls. Students may seek advice or support from any Senior Warden or Residential Mentor at any time. Details on how to contact Halls staff are given in the relevant Halls Handbook.