Modules for course C615 | BSC/SOAC
BSc Sport Science (Outdoor Recreation)
These are the modules currently offered on this course in the 2019–20 academic year.
You can also view the modules offered in the years: 2018–19.
80 credits from:
- JXH-3031: Stress & Performance (10) (Semester 1) The module explores research and theoretical standpoints within the field of stress and performance. Real life stress and performance case studies that the lecturer has encountered with athletes will be explored at depth within the module content. Class time will consist of a combination of lectures, individual exercises, group discussions and formative assignment practice.or
JXC-3031: Straen a Pherfformiad (10) (Semester 1)
- JXH-3033: Research in Psychological Skil (10) (Semester 1) or
JXC-3033: Ymchwil mewn Sgiliau Seicolego (10) (Semester 1)
- JXH-3034: Personality & Ind Diffs (10) (Semester 1) Early theories (psychodynamic theories and derivaties) and later theories of personality, including different methods of assessment and application, self theories (e.g., self determination, self discrepancy), the Big Five, the Giant Three; specific personality traits (e.g., neuroticism, narcissism, perfectionism, optimism) in relation to sport and exercise performance; body-centre personality theories and their relation to sprot and exercise performance and health; "high-risk" sports, including affect/emotion regulation and individual differences in sensation seeking and risk-taking.
- JXH-3037: App Sport Sci of Elite Perf (10) (Semester 2) This module will include: Training theory and advanced training techniques of the elite performer; Physiological assessment of performers; Issues in doping in elite performance; Preparation for competition.
- JXH-3039: Environmental Physiology (10) (Semester 1) This module aims to develop students¿ understanding of the effect of environmental extremes on the physiological responses to exercise and the effects of environmental extremes on exercise performance. The module will focus particularly on physiological responses to exercise performed in hot, cold, deep sea and microgravity (space flight) conditions.
- JXH-3047: Disability Sport & Rehab (10) (Semester 2)
- JXH-3048: Exercise for Clinical Populati (10) (Semester 1)
- JXH-3050: Skill Acquisition (10) (Semester 2) Class time will consist of a combination of lectures, individual exercises and group discussions.