Research in Psychological Skil
Run by School of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences
10 Credits or 5 ECTS Credits
Organiser: Dr James Hardy
Overall aims and purpose
In this module you will gain a critical appreciation for the contemporary research literature primarily surrounding self-talk and imagery. However the reasoning for doing so, is to be able to apply this knowledge in form of effective athletic interventions.
Based on the adage that there is nothing as practical as a good theory, this module will place emphasis on relevant theories and research based literature pertinent to the following topics:
- Information processing differences
Will have demonstrated an excellent ability to analyse and interpret case study data. Will also have an excellent and critical understanding of theories covered within the module as well as a strong ability to develop evidence-based psychological interventions. Excellent communication / presentation skills demonstrated.
Will have demonstrated a good ability to analyse and interpret case study data. Will also have a good and perhaps glimpses of critical understanding of theories covered within the module as well as a good ability to develop evidence-based psychological interventions. Good communication / presentation skills demonstrated.
Will have demonstrated a some ability to analyse and interpret case study data. Will also have some understanding of theories covered within the module as well as some ability to develop evidence-based psychological interventions. Reasonable communication / presentation skills demonstrated.
Demonstrate prolonged, active and critical engagement with module material
Understanding and critical application of contemporary mental skills literature
Devise an effective and justifiable psychological skills intervention programme
|LOGBOOK OR PORTFOLIO||Poster||70|
|EXAM||Applied Implications online MCQs||10|
Teaching and Learning Strategy
|Practical classes and workshops||4|
- Exploring - Able to investigate, research and consider alternatives
- Critical analysis & Problem Solving - Able to deconstruct and analyse problems or complex situations. To find solutions to problems through analyses and exploration of all possibilities using appropriate methods, rescources and creativity.
- Presentation - Able to clearly present information and explanations to an audience. Through the written or oral mode of communication accurately and concisely.
- Teamwork - Able to constructively cooperate with others on a common task, and/or be part of a day-to-day working team
Subject specific skills
- demonstrate effective written and/or oral communication and presentation skills
- work effectively independently and with others
- accurately interpret case study data
- develop justifiable and/or evidence-based interventions
- develop effective learning aids
Talis Reading listhttp://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/jxh-3033.html
Courses including this module
Compulsory in courses:
- C680: BSc Sport and Exercise Psychology year 3 (BSC/SEXP)
Optional in courses:
- CR6H: BA Italian/Sports Science year 4 (BA/ITSSC)
- CR61: BA Sports Science/French year 4 (BA/SPSFR)
- CR62: BA Sports Science/German year 4 (BA/SPSG)
- CR6K: BA Spanish/Sports Science year 4 (BA/SPSSC)
- CQ65: BA Cymraeg/Sports Science year 3 (BA/SPSW)
- CB69: BSC Sport, Health & Exercise Sci. year 3 (BSC/SHES)
- C651: BSC Sport- Health & Physical Educ year 3 (BSC/SHPE)
- C600: BSC Sports Science year 3 (BSC/SPS)
- C603: BSc Sports Science year 3 (BSC/SPSC)
- C604: BSc Sports Science (with International Experience) year 4 (BSC/SSIE)
- C602: BSC Sport Science (ODA) year 3 (BSC/SSOA)
- 2W68: BSc Sports Science (Outdoor Activities) (with Int Exp) year 4 (BSC/SSOIE)
- C608: MSci Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences year 3 (MSCI/SHS)
- C607: MSci Sport Science year 3 (MSCI/SS)
- C609: MSci Sport Science (Outdoor Activities) year 3 (MSCI/SSOA)