Modules for course Q1AB | MA/LING
This is a provisional list of modules to be offered on this course in the 2020–21 academic year.
The list may not be complete, and the final course content may be different.
- QXL-4432: Linguistics Research Methods (20) Core
- QXL-4400: MA/MSc Dissertation (60) (Semester 3) Core or
QCL-4400: Traethawd Hir MA/MSc (60) (Semester 3) Core
0 to 20 credits from:
- Those without BA Linguistics:
- QXL-4411: Foundations of Linguistics (20) (Semester 1) Core
- These module are core for students who do not have a bachelor's degree in Linguistics or a related subject. Students with a relevant degree should discuss this with their tutor in Welcome Week, who will decide on an exemption. If exempted from these modules, students take an extra 20 credits of Semester 1 modules instead.
80 to 100 credits from:
- QXL-4404: Language Contact & Bilinguals (20) (Semester 2)
- QXL-4413: EFL Theory (20) (Semester 1)
- QXL-4416: Language Disorders &Bilinguals (20) (Semester 2)
- QXL-4417: Child Language Acquisition (20) (Semester 2)
- QXL-4420: SLA and Language Teaching (20) (Semester 2)
- QXL-4443: Language and Communication (20) (Semester 2)
- QXL-4449: Psycholinguistics (20) (Semester 2)
- QCL-4470: Agweddau ar Ddwyieithrwydd (20) (Semester 1)
- QXL-4475: Historical Linguistics (20) (Semester 2)