Incoming Students - Accommodation


Students will receive an accommodation application form after their nomination to attend Bangor has been received and processed by the International Exchanges Office. The form will be included with your guidebook and study application form. If you have submitted an accommodation application for Semester 1 you will receive further details in August, if you have submitted an application for Semester 2 then you will hear in December, directly from the Student Housing Office or the Halls Office.

Arrangements for accommodation vary according to your exchange programme:

Erasmus+ Students

We are unable to guarantee accommodation for Erasmus+ students but we will send you an accommodation form to apply for on-campus halls of residence. If your application is unsuccessful, the Student Housing Office will help you to look for private accommodation.

Please see below for additional information regarding accommodation application deadlines.

Exchange Students from our Partners in the Far East, Australia and The Americas.

We guarantee housing for exchange students from these destinations if applications are submitted before the relevant deadline. An application form for accommodation will be sent to you when we process your nomination. You do not need to apply for accommodation directly with the Halls Office.


To remain eligible, all students must return the accommodation application form by the following dates:

  • Starting in Semester 1 (September 2018): 15 June 2018
  • Starting in Semester 2 (January 2019): 31 October 2018

University Accommodation

University accommodation is of a basic nature: single study bedrooms which are generally fairly small containing the basic necessities of bed, desk, wardrobe and chair. It is generally the younger students (undergraduate) who live in Halls of Residence, usually between the ages of 18 and 22, and around 70% are 1st year students between 18 and 20 years old.  The majority of mature students choose to live in private accommodation.

Most Halls of Residence have ensuite rooms in self-catered blocks with shared kitchen facilities. Generally halls are mixed sex. All kitchens are equipped with the basic facilities with some variations from hall to hall.  However, in all halls, residents will need to provide their own cutlery, crockery, pots, pans and cleaning materials. All residents should also provide their own towels.

Accommodation is allocated for a set period of time, therefore when you accept a room in a Hall of Residence you will be expected to sign a Residence Agreement (a contract) agreeing to pay for your allocated room for the whole period stated on your residence agreement.  
Bedding is not automatically supplied in University Accommodation. You may however arrange to purchase a bedding pack containing:- 1 duvet, 1 duvet cover, 2 sheets, 1 pillow and 1 pillow cover. The pack will cost approximately £30.00, and is payable on arrival. This must be arranged in advance by ticking the relevant box on the accommodation application form.

Please view the web pages of the Halls Office for further information:

Please note that you do not apply for halls accommodation using the online application system. You must apply by returning your "Accommodation Request Form" to the International Exchanges Office. This form will be provided in your application package sent to you via email.

Private Rented Accommodation

The Student Housing Office maintains details of private rented accommodation in Bangor and the surrounding area.  Students attending in Semester 1 will be invited to arrive in Bangor a few days before the start of Welcome Week to allow time for you to view properties and move in before university activities start. Unfortunately, we cannot enter into agreements or contracts on students’ behalf. You will, therefore, need to contact these private accommodations directly.

Details of private accommodation can be found on the Student Housing Office website